You are hereYou are unhappy about a plan to make your local airport bigger and increase the number of flights. You live near the airport.Write a letter to your local newspaper. In your letter:• explain where you live• describe the problem• give reasons why you do not

You are unhappy about a plan to make your local airport bigger and increase the number of flights. You live near the airport.Write a letter to your local newspaper. In your letter:• explain where you live• describe the problem• give reasons why you do not

pip depp b b's picture

By pip depp b b - Posted on 04 January 2014

You are unhappy about a plan to make your local airport bigger and increase the number of flights. You live near the airport.
Write a letter to your local newspaper. In your letter:

• explain where you live
• describe the problem
• give reasons why you do not want this development.

You should write at least 150 words.
You should spend about 20 minutes on this task.
You do NOT need to write your own address.

Dear Sir, or Madam,

I live in Murray, north east side of Queensland and this town is just 15 km from Brisbane Domestic Airport. I am writing this letter to show the dark side of proposed rebuilding plan of airport that would not only affect to our natural habitance but also uplift number of other problems.

To start with, Green Park is the only but lavish park area near to my town. At evening and holidays, children and grandparents used to go there to play and strengthen their social bonds consecutively. Unfortunately, new development plan will occupy that area and there is no other ground nearby due to residential buildings. Consequently, Problems like obesity, peripheral artery disease and other health concerns will become more obvious. Secondly, new airport boundaries will be at 2km space from Murray town and to worsen the situation, number of flights is also increasing. And it will leave nothing but noise and air pollution which will leave jeopardized affects like asthma, ear and other disease. To be honest, this concern is not only of my family but the whole town is worried about this plan.

At the end, whole heartedly, I would like to request to the government to rethink their plan and its serious consequences on its surrounding areas. Hope to get positive response to this letter.

Yours sincerely,

Pip

General Traning Task 1. You are going on a short course to a training college abroad. It is a college that you have not been to before.Write a letter to the accommodation officer. In your letter•give details of your course and your arrival/departure date• sliwer
Some people prefer to live in a house, while others feel that there are more prons to living in an apartment. Are there more advantages than disadvantages of living in a house compared with living in an apartment? Bincy
Successful sport professionals can earn a great deal more many than people in other important professions. Some people think this is fully justified while others think it is unfair.Discuss both these views and give your own opinion. bromaxx
IELTS Writing Task 1 The chart below shows the proportions of the world’s oil resources held in different areas, together with the proportions consumed annually in the same areas.Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and amelia
TV watching is argued to be detrimental to children’ development, but some argue that it could bring positive effects as well. Do you agree or disagree? Give your opinion. Do Van Trai
Is Social Media a trendsetter of Industrial Revolution? Pelegehe
A research describing the different number of post-school qualifications and its proportion based on gender was held in Australia in 1999. The research involved five kinds of education level. MOJIONO
People who watch a lot of violent television programs will find that this influences their behaviour when they are angry or upset. Do you agree? suman sharma
Very few schoolchildren learn about the value of money and how to look after it,yet this is a critical life skill that should be taught as part of the school curriculum.Do you agree or disagree?Discuss both these views and give your own opinion.Give reaso robertzacaria
In some countries, marriages are arranged by the parents but in other cases, people choose their own marriage partner.Discuss both systems. helia123

Write complaint letter to the airline manager regarding the behavior of one of staff members on your flight. In your letter- Give full details of your flight.- Say what the problem with the staff member was.- What would you like the manager to do regardin marzieh IELTS
You should spend about 40 minutes on this task.Write about the following topic:Most developed countries spend a large proportion of their health budgets on expensive medical technology and procedures. This money should be spent instead on health education drjowelynt sticky icon IELTS Writing Task II
Argumentative Essay: Advantages and Disadvantages of Using the Internet alfitrah8.5 IELTS
Every year several languages die out. Some people think that this is not important because life will be easier if there are fewer languages in the world.To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion? muhammadrezkihr IELTS Writing Task II
It is generally believed that some people are born with certain talents, for instance for sport or music, and others are not. However, It is sometimes claimed that any child can be taught to become a good sports person or musician.Discuss both these views ridaakzar IELTS
Some say that it would be better if the majority of employees worked from home instead of travelling to a workplace every day.Do you think the advantages of working from home outweigh the disadvantages? fialka IELTS
In recent years, people watch more movies from overseas? What are the reasons for this? Should the government give financial support to local cinema to produce local films? Mubariz IELTS
Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of having a car. marzieh IELTS
When a country develops its technology, the traditional skills and ways of life die out. It is pointless to try and keep them alive. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion. Mita Puspasari IELTS
Whoever controls the media also controls opinions and attitudes of the people and there is little can be done to rectify this. SammyG IELTS

Topic: Some people believe that visitors to other countries should follow local customs and behavior. Other disagree and think that the host country should welcome cultural differences.Discuss both views and give your own opinion.( Sample_answer_salmon) lambda sticky icon IELTS Writing Task II
Nowadays companies and other organisations are requiring their employees to wear a uniform. Think about jobs where uniform is important. What are the advantages and disadvantages of wearing a uniform? Justin sticky icon IELTS Writing Task II
Many people believe that the main aim for university education is to help graduates to find better job, while some people believe that university education has wider benefit individual and society. discuss both views and give your opinion. Hao sticky icon IELTS Writing Task II
In most countries multinational companies and their products are becoming more and more important.This trend is seriously damaging our quality of life. eddysuaib IELTS Writing Task II
Do the dangers derived from the use of chemicals in food production and preservation outweigh the advantages? Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own experience or knowladge. drjowelynt IELTS Writing Task II
Increasing the price of petrol is the best way to solve growing traffic and pollution problems. To what extent do you agree or disagree? What other measures do you think might be effective? divyaece0903@gm... IELTS Writing Task II
Some people believe that there should be fixed punishments for each type of crime. Others, however, argue that the circumstances of an individual crime, and the motivation for committing it, should always be taken into account when deciding on the punishm lrana32 IELTS Writing Task II
Nowadays most parents put a lot of pressure on their children to succeed. What are the reasons for parents to do this? Does it have a positive or a negative effect on children in general? drjowelynt IELTS Writing Task II
Some people think women should be allowed to join the army, the navy and the air force just like men. To what extent do you agree or disagree? eddysuaib IELTS Writing Task II

The two maps below show an island, before and after construction of some tourist facilities.Summarise the information by selectiong and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. drjowelynt sticky icon IELTS Writing Task I
The graph below shows the changes in food consumption by Chinese people between 1985 and 2010.Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. drjowelynt sticky icon IELTS Writing Task I
General Training Task 1Your assignment was due last week. Write a letter to your teacher saying that you did not complete it on time. In your letter saywhat the subject waswhy you didn't complete itwhen will you complete it. Buweni sticky icon IELTS Writing Task I
Some suggest that young people should take a job for a few years between school and university.Discuss what the advantages and disadvantages might be for people who do this.Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowl HoneyUK sticky icon IELTS Writing Task II
Some people think that professional athletes make good role models for young people, while others believe they don’t.Discuss both these points of views and give your own opinion.Write at least 250 words. eddysuaib sticky icon IELTS Writing Task II
Some people think secondary students should study international news as a school subject, but others suggest that it is a waste of students' valuable school time. Discuss both and give your opinion. Hao sticky icon IELTS Writing Task II