You are unhappy about a plan to make your local airport bigger and increase the number of flights. You live near the airport.Write a letter to your local newspaper. In your letter:• explain where you live• describe the problem• give reasons why you do not

You are unhappy about a plan to make your local airport bigger and increase the number of flights. You live near the airport.
Write a letter to your local newspaper. In your letter:

• explain where you live
• describe the problem
• give reasons why you do not want this development.

You should write at least 150 words.
You should spend about 20 minutes on this task.
You do NOT need to write your own address.

Dear Sir, or Madam,

I live in Murray, north east side of Queensland and this town is just 15 km from Brisbane Domestic Airport. I am writing this letter to show the dark side of proposed rebuilding plan of airport that would not only affect to our natural habitance but also uplift number of other problems.

To start with, Green Park is the only but lavish park area near to my town. At evening and holidays, children and grandparents used to go there to play and strengthen their social bonds consecutively. Unfortunately, new development plan will occupy that area and there is no other ground nearby due to residential buildings. Consequently, Problems like obesity, peripheral artery disease and other health concerns will become more obvious. Secondly, new airport boundaries will be at 2km space from Murray town and to worsen the situation, number of flights is also increasing. And it will leave nothing but noise and air pollution which will leave jeopardized affects like asthma, ear and other disease. To be honest, this concern is not only of my family but the whole town is worried about this plan.

At the end, whole heartedly, I would like to request to the government to rethink their plan and its serious consequences on its surrounding areas. Hope to get positive response to this letter.

Yours sincerely,

Pip

The two pie charts below show changes in world population by region between 1900 and 2000.Summarize the information by choosing and reporting the key features, and make any relevant comparisons. fikri
The table and bar chart show how journey times in a city centre changed after improvements were made to the transport network, and the costs of using different forms of transport in the citySummarise the information by selecting and reporting the main fe Yora
Some say that because many people are living much longer, the age at which people retire from work should be raised considerably. To what extent do you agree or disagree? MisterWandering sticky icon
Nowadays, students find it hard to study at university compared to school studies. Why is this happening? What is the solution to this problem? togiang sticky icon
Keeping animals in captivity is cruel. There is no reason for zoos to exist in the 21st century. akbarnurdin sticky icon
More houses are needed in many countries to cope with increasing populations. Would it be better to build houses in existing towns and cities, or to develop new towns in rural areas? acachan1
IELTS Writing Task 2: high revenue is what the professional players deserve? yiqin8
This graph shows the change in population in two countries from 1996 to 2007. Aysel
Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Parents are the best teachers. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer Asha Magenta
Modern forms of communication such as email and messaging have reduced the amount of time people spend seeing their friends. This has had a negative effect on their social lives.To what extent do you agree or disagree? wibby.aldryani
Write complaint letter to the airline manager regarding the behavior of one of staff members on your flight. In your letter- Give full details of your flight.- Say what the problem with the staff member was.- What would you like the manager to do regardin marzieh IELTS
GENERAL TRAINING WRITING TASK 1You are working for a company. You need to take some time off work and want to ask your manager about this.Write a letter to your manager. In your letter-Explain why you want to take time off work-Give details of the amount sliwer IELTS
Argumentative Essay: Advantages and Disadvantages of Using the Internet alfitrah8.5 IELTS
Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of having a car. marzieh IELTS
Today more and more young children have electronic gadgets such as computers and mobile phones. Some people say that this is a positive development. robertzacaria IELTS
Writing task I (General)You were hurt in a minus accident inside a supermarket, and you wish to complain to the supermarket.Write a letter to the manager of the supermarket. In your letter :* Say who you are.* Give details about the accident.* Suggest how TEST-English School IELTS
Topic: Happiness is considered very important in life? Why is it difficult to define? What factors are important in achieving happiness? pateltejas IELTS
The pie charts below show units of electricity production by fuel source in Australia and France in 1980 and 2000. Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features ,and make comparisons where relevant. Kal-El IELTS Writing Task I
Some say that it would be better if the majority of employees worked from home instead of travelling to a workplace every day.Do you think the advantages of working from home outweigh the disadvantages? fialka IELTS
Many people spend a lot of time using communication technology. What are the reasons for this? What is the impact on the relationships with their families and other people? Justin sticky icon IELTS Writing Task II
Nowadays cultures of different countries are becoming more similar than they used to be.What are the reasons? Is it a positive or a negative development? Give your own opinion and examples. Justin sticky icon IELTS Writing Task II
It is believed that people’s health will be worsein the future than is it today. To what extentdo you agree or disagree? Justin sticky icon IELTS Writing Task II
Some people believe that cell phones should be for personal use only; Others, however, feel cell phones should be used mostly for work. Discuss both views and give your opinion. lrana32 IELTS Writing Task II
Individuals can do nothing to change society. Any new developments can only be brought about by governments and large institutions. How far do you agree or disagree? byeonhosa sticky icon IELTS Writing Task II
In the past lecturers could teach a certain number of students in one lecture hall. With the development of new technology it’s hard to justify the reason to participate in the lecture physically and not via the Internet. Do you agree or disagree with thi Miachel IELTS Writing Task II
As computers are being used more and more in education, there will be soon no role for teachers in the classroom. Do you agree or disagree? lrana32 IELTS Writing Task II
How should animals be treated? maulik IELTS Writing Task II
Should animals be used in testing new drugs and procedures? Suraj IELTS Writing Task II
People in the past used to be more dependent on one another, whereas nowadays they lead a more independent life. Do you agree or disagree? Miachel IELTS Writing Task II
Some people believe that vegetarian diet is the best diet for a variety of reasons, but others strongly oppose this view. Discuss both views and give your opinion. drjowelynt IELTS Writing Task II
Some people believe that vegetarian diet is the best diet for a variety of reasons, but others strongly oppose this view. Discuss both views and give your opinion. lrana32 sticky icon IELTS Writing Task II
Some people think that cities are the best places to live. Others prefer to live in a rural area. Compare the advantages and disadvantages of living in the city to living in the countryside. lrana32 sticky icon IELTS Writing Task II
Some people think that air travel creates a great deal of pollution and consumes a considerable amount of fuel resources. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion? Give reasons and examples from yourown personal experience. Suraj IELTS Writing Task II
The diagram below shows how the Australian Bureau of Meteorology collects up-to-the-minute information on the weather in order to produce reliable forecasts cemile IELTS Writing Task I
Some people believe that cell phones should be for personal use only; Others, however, feel cell phones should be used mostly for work. Discuss both views and give your opinion. drjowelynt IELTS Writing Task II
climate change is now an accepted threat to our planet, but there is not enough political action to control excessive consumerism and pollution. do you agree ? WEBSTER_KAMPUNG... IELTS Writing Task II