You are hereYou are unhappy about a plan to make your local airport bigger and increase the number of flights. You live near the airport.Write a letter to your local newspaper. In your letter:• explain where you live• describe the problem• give reasons why you do not

You are unhappy about a plan to make your local airport bigger and increase the number of flights. You live near the airport.Write a letter to your local newspaper. In your letter:• explain where you live• describe the problem• give reasons why you do not

By pip depp b b - Posted on 04 January 2014

You are unhappy about a plan to make your local airport bigger and increase the number of flights. You live near the airport.
Write a letter to your local newspaper. In your letter:

• explain where you live
• describe the problem
• give reasons why you do not want this development.

You should write at least 150 words.
You should spend about 20 minutes on this task.
You do NOT need to write your own address.

Dear Sir, or Madam,

I live in Murray, north east side of Queensland and this town is just 15 km from Brisbane Domestic Airport. I am writing this letter to show the dark side of proposed rebuilding plan of airport that would not only affect to our natural habitance but also uplift number of other problems.

To start with, Green Park is the only but lavish park area near to my town. At evening and holidays, children and grandparents used to go there to play and strengthen their social bonds consecutively. Unfortunately, new development plan will occupy that area and there is no other ground nearby due to residential buildings. Consequently, Problems like obesity, peripheral artery disease and other health concerns will become more obvious. Secondly, new airport boundaries will be at 2km space from Murray town and to worsen the situation, number of flights is also increasing. And it will leave nothing but noise and air pollution which will leave jeopardized affects like asthma, ear and other disease. To be honest, this concern is not only of my family but the whole town is worried about this plan.

At the end, whole heartedly, I would like to request to the government to rethink their plan and its serious consequences on its surrounding areas. Hope to get positive response to this letter.

Yours sincerely,

Pip