You are hereYou borrowed some books from your school or college library. Unfortunately you have to go away to visit a sick relative and cannot return the books in time.Write a letter to the library. Explain what has happened and tell them what you want to do about it

You borrowed some books from your school or college library. Unfortunately you have to go away to visit a sick relative and cannot return the books in time.Write a letter to the library. Explain what has happened and tell them what you want to do about it

mishti's picture

By mishti - Posted on 20 January 2013

You borrowed some books from your school or college library. Unfortunately you have to go away to visit a sick relative and cannot return the books in time.
Write a letter to the library. Explain what has happened and tell them what you want to do about it.
• You should write at least 150 words.
• You should spend about 20 minutes on this task.
• You do NOT need to write your own address.

Dear Sir,

I am writing to you regarding the books I borrowed 3 days back which I may not be able to return on time due to unavoidable circumstances. I am due to return them on 30th November of this month. The details of these books can be traced by my student id which is ARI1102.

Yesterday, I received the news that my aunt who is only survived by me is extremely ill and needed me to arrive in Manchester urgently. On reaching there, she was undertaken for an urgent surgery which by god’s grace has gone well. However, my presence is required here for another week as she is still under recovery.
For this reason, I will be unable to return the books on time. I would request you to take my situation under consideration and provide me with extension on the date of returning these books.

I would be extremely grateful if you provide me an extension for a week.

Yours sincerely,
Sharmistha Singh

Pronunciation & fluency evaluations. Choose a category to start:
Most recent Pronunciation & Fluency evaluations