Essay topics: You recently stayed in a hotel in a large city. The weather was very unusual for the time of year and the heating/cooling system in the hotel was quite inadequate. Write a letter to the manager of the hotel.
In your letter
give details of what was wrong
explain what you had to do to overcome the problem at the time
say what action you would like the manager to take
I have just returned home after spending three nights at your hotel in Paddington. The staff were very friendly and the location was extremely convenient. However, I feel I must express my disappointment about the room.
As we all know, London is experiencing a very warm summer this year, with temperatures around 30 °C last week, which is quite unusual. As a result, it was very hot in my room on the sixth floor.
Because of the extreme heat in the room, I had to leave the windows open all night and so it was very noisy, as the hotel is on a main road and the traffic never stops in London. Consequently, I got very little sleep over the three nights.
I think it ...
Subscribe now as testbig VIP readers and get unlimited access to essays on the top list.
- In surveys Mason City residents rank water sport (swimming, boating, and fishing) among their favorite recreational activities. The Mason River flowing through the city is rarely used for these pursuits, however, and the city park department devotes littl (30)
- Every individual in a society has a responsibility to obey just laws and to disobey and resist unjust laws. (60)
- The graph below shows the percentage change in the number of international students graduating from universities in different Canadian provinces between 2001 and 2006 (70)
- In today’s world, many people use mobile phones and the internet to communication with others. This has resulted in the use of new words and different forms of spelling and grammar. Why do you think these change have happened? Are they positive or negati (70)
- Some people find history a fascinating subject. Others say it is dull and has no place in modern life.Discuss both these views and give your own opinion (70)
- Some people find history a fascinating subject. Others say it is dull and has no place in modern life. Discuss both these views and give your own opinion. (56.6667)
- Some people find history a fascinating subject. Others say it is dull and has no place in modern life.Discuss both these views and give your own opinion. (80)
- The charts show the percentage of enrolments on six courses at a local education college in the UK in 2010 and 2012 (75)
- Many parts of the world are losing important natural resources, such as forests, animals, or clean water. Choose one resource that is disappearing and explain why it needs to be saved. Use specific reasons and examples to support your opinion. (73.33329999999999)
- The chart below shows the annual number of rentals and sales (in various formats) of films from a particular store between 2002 and 2011. (56.6667)