You are hereIELTS | Test Takers - Speaking sample - part 2

IELTS | Test Takers - Speaking sample - part 2

mananshah's picture

By mananshah - Posted on 09 April 2013

Speaking recording: 
Your rating: None Average: 6.3 (4 votes)
This speaking topic by other users:
Post date Users Rates More about the speaking Sticky
2 years 35 weeks ago speak_loudly
Listen to this speaking sticky icon
More speakings by this user:

mattur INDIA

User comment: I just want to chat in English for a while to improve my speaking skills

Nowadays, students find it hard to study at universities compared to school studies. Why this is happening. What is the solution to this problem? wibby.aldryani
Describe your favourite teacher. naresh dubaka
PART 1The examiner asks the candidate about him/herself, his/her home, work or studies and other familiar topics.EXAMPLEFriendsAre your friends mostly your age or different ages? [Why?]Do you usually see your friends during the week or at weekends? [Why?] drjowelynt
Describe a meeting you remember going to at work, college or school. You should say: - when and where the meeting was held - who was at the meeting - what the people at the meeting talked about and explain why you remember going to this meeting. adventurer
Do you read newspapers or magazines?- What articles do you like reading in a newspaper?- Why do you like them?- Have you ever read a newspaper in a foreign language?- Do you think reading a newspaper in a foreign language is a good way of learning the la adventurer
Describe a happy childhood event.You should say:When it happened Who was involved How you felt at the time Explain why you remember this particular occasion. Misnariah Idrus
Where do you come from? Lê Kim Kiều Anh
ielst cambridge 6 task 3 ildiscente
cambridge 8 test 2 Mohd Najibullah...
Let’s move on to talk about accommodation. • Tell me about the kind of accommodation you live in? • How long have you lived there? • What do you like about living there? • What sort of accommodation would you most like to live in? pip depp

Name
Describe the most important decision that you have made in your life. Whywas it important to you? Use specific examples and details to support yourexplanation. boys_next_door
Describe a subject you enjoyed studying at school.You should say: When and where you started studying it What lessons were like What made the subject different from other subjects And explain why you enjoyed the subject devabe2005
Describe a sports event that you saw on TV or live. Please say- When and where did you see it?- What was the event?- Why did you like watching the event? devabe2005
Cue card on favourite song. ankushgurumaa sticky icon
Talk about math lessons at your elementary/primary school. Please say- Why do you think they were useful?- Were they helpful to you?- Did you enjoy them? devabe2005
Describe a children’s game (sports not suggested)How is it played?What can you learn from the game?What impact does it bring on your growth? bjskishore sticky icon
Part 2Describe a piece of electronic equipment that you find useful.You should say: what it is how you learned to use it how long have you had itand explain why you find this piece of electronic equipment useful. kamran7
Describe an artist or entertainer you admire.You should say: Who they are and what they do How they became successful How you found out about them And explain why you admire them devabe2005
Describe a time when you were ask to give your opinion in a questionnaire or survey. You should say: What the questionnaire / survey was about? Why you were asked to give your opinions? What opinions you gave?and explain how you felt about giving yo babal-e-raman
IELTS BOOK 09 :- Telephoning1. How often do you make telephone calls?2. Who do you spend most time talking to on the telephone?3. When do you think you'll next make a telephone call?4. Do you sometimes prefer to send a text message instead of telephoning? leki55555

Name Sticky
Some people tend to judge a person on the basis of first observation. Somepeople believe it takes a long time to know a person well. Which approachto knowing people do you think is better and why? boys_next_door
When travelling, some people prefer to reach the destination directly. Someothers prefer to stop and look around the scenery along the way. What kindof way of travelling do you think is better and why? boys_next_door
Some people believe that the high school should teach music and art asother basic science. Some people think that providing music and arteducation for high school students is not necessary. What is your opinionand why? boys_next_door
Some believe that TV, newspaper and radio have more influence on individuals than their relatives and friends, while others believe not. Which statement do you prefer? Please give your opinion with specific examples and details. boys_next_door
In case of problems, some prefer to get advice from family and friends.Others prefer to learn through personal experience. Which method is betterand why? boys_next_door
Whether the government should assist to build museum and theater? Giveyour opinion and include specific examples and details in your explanation. boys_next_door
Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Please give specificreasons for your opinion. Parents should restrict the TV programs that arewatched by their kids instead of letting the kids watch TV programs freely. boys_next_door
Describe somewehere you like to shop for foodyou should say:1. Where the place is2. What this place is like3. What you buy thereand explain why you like buying food at this place (Study Sample) eddysuaib
If you have a chance to choose your job, would you like to choose a job withhigh salary or that can get personal satisfaction? Why? boys_next_door
Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Please explain youropinion. People should always tell the truth. boys_next_door

7.0 out of 9

It is great!

To get higher marks, you need to speak more fluently and a little faster.

And you need to talk more till you are asked to stop (talk as much as possible when you are practicing).