Essay topics: The bar chart below illustrates the use of tobacco products by secondary school students in the United States.
The data of the use of tobacco products by secondary school students in the United States are described in the bar chart. The x- axis presents the type of tobacco products consist of Any Use, Cigarettes, Cigars, Smokeless, Pipes, Bidis and Kreteks, while y- axis shows the percentage of students.
To begin with, in the Middle school, the type of Any Use is the most considerable percentage ( 12.5 % ) , which is comparable as roughly three quarters of Cigarettes and two times of Cigars. Furthermore, the Pipes and Bidis are slightly more than Smokeless, which is similar to Kreteks, thus both of these types are the lowest percentage.
The Any Use type also stand as the highest percentage (35 % ) in High school, followed by Cigarettes which is almost a hundred of Cigars ( 15 % ) . In addition, Smokeless type is more than 50 % of Pipes ( well over 2.5 % ) , which is slightly less than Bidis and Kreteks ( 5 % ) , making it as the lowest percentage.
- Some people believe that unpaid community service should be a compulsory part of high school programmes (for example working for a charity, improving the neighbourhood or teaching sports to younger children).To what extent do you agree or disagree? (45)
- The diagrams below show the life cycle of the silkworm and the stages in the production of silk cloth. (70)
- Universities should accept equal numbers of male and female students in every subject.To what extend do you agree or disagree? (60)
- Some people believe that visitors to other countries should follow local customs and behavior. Other disagree and think that the host country should welcome cultural differences.Discuss both these views and give your own opinion. (60)
- The graph below shows the consumption of fish and some different kinds of meat in a European country between 1979 and 2004.Summaries the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. (60)
- Some people believe that there should be fixed punishments for each type of crime, others, however argue that the circumstances of an individual crime, and the motivation for committing it, should always be taken into account when deciding on the punishme (60)
- Some experts believe that it is better for children to begin learning a foreign language at primary school rather than secondary school.Do the advantages of this outweigh the disadvantages? (60)
- It Is generally believed that some people are born with certain talents, for instance for sport or music, and others are not. However, it is sometimes claimed that any child can be taught to become a good sports person or musician.Discuss both these views (60)
- The chart below shows the average hours worked per day by married men and women in paid employment. (70)
- The graph below shows four countries of residents of overseas students in Australia (70)