The graphs below show the types of music albums purchased by people in Britain according to sex and age. Write a report for a university lecturer describing the information shown below.

The graphs present the preferences of different age and sex group of people toward three music genres, namely pop, rock and classical music.

There were more male consumers going for pop music than their female counterparts, accounting for approximately 22% and 15% respectively. Pop music was mostly welcomed among the younger group since the people aged 34 or below took up more than a half of the total percentage. Middle aged people from 35 to 44 constituted 20 percent while less than 10 percent of the older group people bought pop music.

Interestingly noted that the constituents of rock music consumer showed a similar pattern with that of pop music, with even a higher proportion of people aged 16-24 and 25-34 buying rock music.

However, situations in classical music was distinctively different, with a sharp decreasing the male and female consumers, shrinking by more that a half of the percentage for other two genres. Besides, barely did 16-34 aged people buy classical music and 35-44 year-old consumers only took up less than 5 percent. The most frequent costumer was people aged 45 or older(22%), followed by people aged 25-34(17%).

Overall, men bought more music albums than women in terms of rock, pop and classical music. Besides, the classical music was much less popular among the young and middle aged person.

with a sharp decreasing the male and female consumers,
with a sharp decreasing for the male and female consumers,