Write a letter to the environment officer in your area complaining about the garbage problem in your neighbourhood and say What is causing the problem Why is it bothering you Suggest a solution to rectify the problem

Write a letter to the environment officer in your area complaining about the garbage problem in your neighbourhood and say
- What is causing the problem?
- Why is it bothering you?
- Suggest a solution to rectify the problem.

Dear Sir,
This is to bring your attention to the growing garbage predicament in my locality.
My name is Paul Jones and I have been resident at 20 North Lane Laverton over the 10 year now. I never had a reason to complain to you before.

However, since last 2 weeks, municipal workers had not picked up the waste from our living society, as I heard they are on strike. Consequently, the situation is so egregious that rubbish is overflowing in the installed dustbins that happen to be very near to my house. Moreover, the smell of the waste is so unpleasant that we cannot open our windows. This is the main reason I am writing to you now.

There are plenty of steps which I think you can take to eradicate this problem in near future. Firstly, you can circulate a circular to the complete living society that they need to throw the waste bags in main garbage dumps instead of dustbin installed here, if the same situation occurs in near future. Secondly, you need to arrange some sessions, which can educate people to produce less rubbish.

I am looking forward to hearing you soon in this matter.

Yours faithfully
Paul Jones

and I have been resident
and I have been the resident

in near future
in the near future