Essay topics: The given graph shows the consumption of fast food in the UK (per week) from 1970 to 1990.
The line graphs compare the expenditure of fast food every weekly in the UK between 1970 and 1990.
It is clearly from the graph that the amount of Fish & Chips experienced the most change during this period. While the quantities of Hamburger and Fish & Chips both increased significantly, there was a slightly decrease in the figure for Pizza.
In 1970, the quantities of Pizza consumed were highest at more than 300 grams while the figure for Hamburger was by far lowest only at 30 grams. Meanwhile, about 80 grams for Fish & Chips were expenditured in the UK. The year 1980 saw a small decrease in the amount of Pizza consumed at around 200 grams, while the figure for Hamburger and Fish & Chips rose gradually to approximately 100 grams and 150 grams respectively.
In 1990, Fish & Chips weekly consumption went up dramatically to 500 grams and became the highest figure in the line graph while Hamburger’s figure increased slightly to about 300 grams. At the same time, the amount of Pizza eaten remained stable at around 200 grams.
- ‘The Internet will never replace traditional course books in schools.’ How far do you agree with this prediction? (56)
- Some people consider that school education should be concentrated on academic subjects, which would be helpful for their future careers, and subjects like music and sport are not useful. To what extent do you agree or disagree? (89)
- Some people think that computers and the Internet are more important for a child's education than going to school. But others believe that schools and teachers are essential for children to learn effectively. Discuss both views and give your opinion (84)
- Some people think the main purpose of education is to makeindividuals useful to society; others say education helps them to achieve personal ambitions. Discuss both view and give your opinion. (56)
- Many students have to study subjects which they do not like. Some peoplethink this is a complete waste of time. Do you agree or disagree with thisstatement? (73)
- The graph below shows the amount of money spent on books in Germany, France, Italy and Austria between 1995 and 2005. (61)
- The line graph shows the channel one news viewing figures per day on one year (78)
- The line graph shows the income of four cafes in New York over last year. (73)
- The line graph shows the past and projected finances for a local authority in New Zealand. (73)
- The given graph shows the consumption of fast food in the UK (per week) from 1970 to 1990. (61)