Essay topics: The given graph shows the consumption of fast food in the UK (per week) from 1970 to 1990.
The line graphs compare the expenditure of fast food every weekly in the UK between 1970 and 1990.
It is clearly from the graph that the amount of Fish & Chips experienced the most change during this period. While the quantities of Hamburger and Fish & Chips both increased significantly, there was a slightly decrease in the figure for Pizza.
In 1970, the quantities of Pizza consumed were highest at more than 300 grams while the figure for Hamburger was by far lowest only at 30 grams. Meanwhile, about 80 grams for Fish & Chips were expenditured in the UK. The year 1980 saw a small decrease in the amount of Pizza consumed at around 200 grams, while the figure for Hamburger and Fish & Chips rose gradually to approximately 100 grams and 150 grams respectively.
In 1990, Fish & Chips weekly consumption went up dramatically to 500 grams and became the highest figure in the line graph while Hamburger’s figure increased slightly to about 300 grams. At the same time, the amount of Pizza eaten remained stable at around 200 grams.
- The world natural resources are being consumed at an ever-increased rate. What are the dangers of this situation? What should we do? (56)
- Some people think that in the modern world we are more dependent on each other, while others think that people have become more independent. Discuss both views and give your own opinion (61)
- Many museums and historical sites are mainly visited by tourists but not local people. Why is this the case and what can be done to attract more local people to visit these places? (56)
- It is more important for schoolchildren to learn about local history than world history. To what extent do you agree or disagree? (78)
- The two graphs show the main sources of energy in the USA in 1980 and 1990. Write a report for a university lecturer describing the changes which occurred. Write at least 150 words (56)
- The two graphs show the main sources of energy in the USA in 1980 and 1990. Write a report for a university lecturer describing the changes which occurred. Write at least 150 words. (56)
- Some people say that too much attention and too many resources are given in the protection of wild animals and birds. Do you agree or disagree about this opinion? (56)
- The pie charts below show the average household expenditures in Japan and Malaysia in the year 2010. Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. (56)
- Everyone should become vegetarian because they do not need to eat meat to have a healthy diet. Do you agree or disagree? (89)
- Everyone should become vegetarian because they do not need to eat meat to have a healthy diet. Do you agree or disagree? (56)