Essay topics: the line graph shows changes in the consumption of meat from 1955 to 2012.
a glance at the line graph provided illustrates the changes in the consumption of various types of meat during the period from 1995 to 2012.
It is evident that beef was the most widely enjoyed almost the period except the last 2 years. In addition, broilers gained more popularity with the consistent increase over the period.
To specify, from just under 60 pounds per person in 1955, the consumption of beef saw a exponential growth, reaching a peak of 90 pounds in 1976. This figure, then, leveled out at over 75 pounds in 1988, before steadily declining to 50 pounds in 2012. It is interesting to note that prior to 1960s, broilers and turkey were not considered as food, however, broilers saw a soar from less than 20 pounds to a peak of 60 pounds in 2007. After that this declined slightly to approximately 55 pounds which surpassed the consumption of beef and was the highest number in 2012.
Besides, the lowest changes was witnessed in pork and turkey. From 50 pounds in 1995, the consumption of pork fluctuated between 50 pounds and 40 pounds all over the period, and become the third common meat listed. Strikingly, consumed from 1960s from a mere 5 pounds, the consumption of turkey increased slightly to over 10 pounds in 2012.
- the diagram below shows how solar panels can be used to provided electricity for domestic use. (78)
- the line graph shows changes in the consumption of meat from 1955 to 2012. (84)
- the pie charts show the expenditures of a school in the UK in 1981, 1991 and 2001. (89)
- percentage of mobile phones owners using various mobile phone features. (57)
- the table below shows changes in the numbers of residents cycling to work in different work in different areas of the UK between 2001 and 2011. (84)
- the bar chart shows the global sales (in billions of dollars) of different types of digital games between 2000 and 2006. (78)
- some people think that the best way to reduce crime is to give longer prison sentences. Others, however, believe that there better alternative ways of reducing crime. Discuss both views and give your opinion (78)
- some people claim that secondary school should study international news as one of their subjects in secondary school. Others believe that such thing just wastes a lot of time. Discuss (89)
- many parents go to work in other countries and take family with them. The advantages and disadvantages (78)
- nuclear power is considered to be roughly the best energy compared with other energy sources to growing energy demand in the world. Do you agree or disagree? (78)