As computers are being used more and more in education, there will be soon no role for teachers in the classroom. Do you agree or disagree?

As computers are being used more and more in education, there will be soon no role for teachers in the classroom.
Do you agree or disagree?

There has been a lot of change in the education system over the last decade. This change has been more evident since the arrival of computers. Many people feel, in the future, teachers will not be required and computers will replace them. In my opinion, this is not true because every child has different types of requirement and moreover, computer cannot manage discipline in the classroom.

There are many students in the classroom and every student has a different ability to understand and learn. Computer has a fixed pattern for teaching any subject and follow the same pattern for all the students without understanding individual requirements of students. For instance, teachers have the ability to judge and understand who has understood and who has not and can give extra attention to the students who are weak in studies. On the other hand, computers lack in such capability.

Furthermore, discipline is another aspect where computer may fail. Children are normally naughty and someone needs to keep an eye on them to ensure decorum is maintained in the classroom. For example, apart from teaching, teachers have the responsibility to ensure that students do not misbehave in the classroom. In addition, they have to ensure that everyone is giving attention in the classroom and completing their classwork and homework. Such qualities are not seen in computers.

To conclude, the additional qualities which teachers possess will make them an essential part of education system. Computers can become a helping-hand and ease teachers from work, but they cannot replace teacher.

a lot of change in the education system
a lot of changes in the education system

different types of requirement
different types of requirements