Discuss the advantages and disadvantage of giving aid to poor countries

Discuss the advantages and disadvantage of giving aid to poor countries.

International aid forms an integral part of international relations between countries. It is common for richer countries to offer some kind of aid to poorer countries. However, over the years, the rich countries have grown a bit wary regarding the use their money is put to in the poorer countries. There are several advantages and disadvantages of international aid, and the richer countries should keep them all in mind before they decide to give aid.

Poor countries usually have a host of problems surrounding them. The most serious of them include hunger, poverty, health, and sanitation issues. With international aid, some of these problems can be alleviated. The rich countries can set up a system in place that provides free healthcare to the poor, and also improves the sanitation conditions.

Prosperous countries are very interested in promoting education in poorer countries since they want the people to rise out of their poverty in the long run. With this money, the poor countries can spend the funds they had set aside for education on other things like infrastructure and improved amenities. International aid also helps promote a healthy relationship between the two countries. For example, the United States has an aid system called US Aid that helps a lot of countries all across the world. This has promoted good relationships between the countries.

Although international aid is very beneficial for poor countries, there is sometimes so much corruption in those countries that the aid gets lost. Politicians, government officials and other people take huge chunk from the aid, and when the richer countries see that little work has been done with their money, they pull out their aid from that country. This sours the relationship between the countries as well as deprives the poor people of something good. The citizens of the rich countries also disapprove of this behavior that their hard-earned money is wasted by their government on corrupt politicians abroad.

So, while international aid has a lot of advantages, it also has a lot of disadvantages, and richer countries should always be on the look out for them.

the rich countries have grown a bit wary regarding the use their money is put to in the poorer countries.
the rich countries have grown a bit worry regarding the use of their money which is put to in the poorer countries.