Due to the science and technology, people all over the world are having the same lifestyle. Do you think this is a positive or negative development.

From the discovery of fire to the invention of wheels, and finally development of the internet, all technological breakthroughs have made world more integrated than before. As a result, people, despite dispersed over wider geographical area, are being accustomed to the similar way of living. Personally, I believe, this trend can impose a significant prejudicial effect on mankind, and is likely to be a negative change.

Individuals’ exposure to somewhat similar style of living can constitute threat to currently prevalent cultural richness of human civilisation. Human- race, unlike animal kingdom, comprise a wide variation in customs and traditions. When a custom falls out, other aspects of culture, such as: literature, songs, music and local cuisine, also suffer a great risk of extinction. By a way of illustration, an increasing exposure to Bollywood has left Nepalese young generation lose adherence to native music and movies, eventually leading to a slow but sure replacement of these assets of Nepalese culture. Therefore, because of this trend, the diverseness that makes human tribe interesting might be lost.

Besides aforementioned concerns, world population with alike lifestyle can suffer a loss of sense of identity. Local customs, traditions and cuisines endow a unique identity to individuals that can foster social cohesion among them. This sense of belonging to certain tribe or nation can be momentous on the face of adversity. During international sports events, for instance, sense of belonging to a native sports-team confers safe release of patriotism and encourage bonding among followers. If sports-team could not get this support, they would suffer of low self esteem, lack of confidence and loss of initiative. Hence, living an identical life-style can avert these connections and bondings to build and enhance.

To sum, loss of variance in a way people across the globe live may afflict a significant jeopardy to human-civilisation, and therefore is not a positive development.

and finally development of the internet,
and finally the development of internet,

have made world more integrated
have made the world more integrated

an increasing exposure to Bollywood has left Nepalese young generation lose adherence to native music
an increasing exposure to Bollywood has left Nepalese young generation losing adherence to native music