Every year several languages die out. Some people think that this is not important because life will be easier if there are fewer languages in the world.To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion?

Every year several languages die out. Some people think that this is not important because life will be easier if there are fewer languages in the world.

To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion?

It is not uncommon theses days that several languages are dying out due to the trend of globalization. Some individuals assert that it is not a significant matter as life will be easier, benefiting from the fewer languages all over the world.

There are plenty of understandable reasons for the advocates. For one thing, the communication and interaction with different countries will be much more convenient, which are less time-consuming and more economical. People no longer need to dedicate time, money and also energy to remove the barrier of languages, if there is only one language in the world. For another, it is likely to increase the employment opportunities without languages difficulties. People have chances to find jobs all over the world, who can not only search for a more suitable one but also make a great difference in his or her future career.

On the other hand, others oppose this view on the grounds that it may lose the variety of languages, which is the precious wisdom from the early ancestors. A language also represents a unique national identity as well as national pride, so it is not supposed to erode by any reasons. More importantly, there is a close link between language and culture. In other words, the culture may seem to die out accompanied with the language. That is not an acceptable trend absolutely. Further more, languages has something to do with people's mind, which means different languages enable people to think in distinguishing ways. If fewer languages are extinct, the pattern of thinking will tend to be the same.

Admittedly, our life will become easier if there are fewer or even one language in the world, however, the detrimental impacts are more serious, which can never be ignore. To my opinion, the government should do something immediately to protect the language from dying out and the awareness of the public to the importance of various language also need to be driven up.