Every year several languages die out. Some people think that this is not important because life will be easier if there are fewer languages in the world.To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion?

It has generally been observed many languages extinct each year. Regarding to this phenomena there are different opinion, some people see this as a threatening issue, but in contrary I believe this is not as bad as it seems, and in fact, it might have some advantages. In following I will express my point of view furthermore.

To begin, I have to mention that the main reason behind the languages extinction I believe is the phenomena of globalization. Hence, using common language for communication leads to lesser use of some languages and this is the beginning of language extinction. However, in positive side I can list out many advantages for the world with fewer languages. Firstly, in such a world business transaction is much easier, secondly, communication is more convenient, thirdly, it is beneficial to tourist and tourism industry, and finally, science and research would develop much faster when less translation is required.

While on the other hand, some other people argue that extinction of a language would directly influence the culture and all the history behind it for that particular region. Moreover, they believe that diversity in language, history and culture is the cause for diversity in people’s thinking. The world with fewer languages means less diversity in way of people’s thinking, which definitely would not be good for world’s future.

To sum up, it is true that extinction of many languages each year has some drawbacks, but in general I agree with the statement, and i think life would be much more convenient in a world with fewer languages.

many languages extinct each year.
many languages are extinct each year.

there are different opinion,
there are different opinions,