The first car appeared on British roads in 1888. By the year 2000 there may be asmany as 29 million vehicles on British roads. Alternative forms of transport should be encouraged and international laws introduced to control car ownership and use.To what e

The first car appeared on British roads in 1888. By the year 2000 there may be as
many as 29 million vehicles on British roads. Alternative forms of transport should be encouraged and international laws introduced to control car ownership and use.
To what extent do you agree or disagree?

Nowadays, technological advances in automotive industry and their rapid and the need for people activities and the lifestyles are having a significant impact of increasing vehicles on the road. Some people think that alternative form of transport and international laws should be encouraged to control the number of vehicles. Indeed, on this essay, I agree with this opinion.

First of all, there are some reasons why alternative transports should be introduced to many people. The first thing is, people nowadays think that there is no option to travel for far distance unless using private car.

Moreover, existing public transports are notorious for their criminal and obviously uncomfortable. By encouraging alternative transport like integrated-bus-way (as some places do), of course, people would shift away to that choice.

Furthermore, giving a strong encouragement to international laws to limit private vehicle is good. Some people tend to reluctant to move to public transport because there is no assertive policy regarding car ownership and its use. It is true that Jakarta (the central of Indonesia), as an example, is overwhelming by private cars. Jakarta government, in fact, allows city-car to enter the market. In addition, its price is quite cheap and about 60% of its population is average-rich, so everyone can buy that car. Therefore, international laws would be a powerful way to control private car.

To conclude, both alternative form of transportation and international laws are good to be applied, because they would cover up the weaknesses of each to limit and even decrease private car on the road.

Sentence: Nowadays, technological advances in automotive industry and their rapid and the need for people activities and the lifestyles are having a significant impact of increasing vehicles on the road.
Description: A noun, plural, common is not usually followed by a noun, plural, common
Suggestion: Refer to people and activities

Some people tend to reluctant to move
Some people tend to be reluctant to move