Forests are the lungs of the earth. Destruction of the world’s forests amounts to death of the world we currently know. To what extent do you agree or disagree.

Forests act as the vital reason for existence of lives on this planet. It is impossible to run the lives of many with the absence of forests. Hence, the link between forests and living beings is bonded strongly. Therefore, in my point of view, I strongly agree that if the destruction of forests across the globe continues, the extinction of the world is inevitable.

Admittedly, forests have a vast amount of natural resources that shelter numerous species for their survival. Today, in order to expand infrastructure and amenities for humankind, a large chunk of forest areas is destroyed substantially and rapidly. Subsequently, the dwindling forest resources have created a significant impact on sustainability of flora and fauna. As a result, the ecosystem gets disturbed, which in turn causes an ecological imbalance that poses a perennial threat to living being’s survival. Thus, destruction of forests worldwide is directly proportional to the extinction of the world.

Furthermore, another major effect that causes due to the disappearance of forests is global warming. As the abundant presence of trees in the forests caters greener pastures for decreasing overall temperature of the earth by reducing carbon dioxide, CFC, and other pollutants, the lifespan of living creatures and humans is mainly dependable on the amount of forests existing in the world. Therefore, forests play as a deciding factor to control the global warming.

To conclude, it is undeniable that destruction of forests would make this world an unsuitable place to live. Hence, preserving and increasing forest areas would fetch enormous benefits for us and our posterity.

a large chunk of forest areas is destroyed
a large chunk of forest areas are destroyed