General Training - Schools should concentrate more on teaching academic subjects because they are of greater benefit for children in the future. Less importance should be given to non-academic subjects such as sports and music.Do you agree or disagree ?

General Training -

Schools should concentrate more on teaching academic subjects because they are of greater benefit for children in the future. Less importance should be given to non-academic subjects such as sports and music.

Do you agree or disagree ?

For long time , Schools main focus have always been more academic in nature for the greater benefit of children future and have given less importance to co-curricular activities like sports and music. In my opinion this should continue as such for coming generation as well because of many valid reasons, although there are some implications.

First of all, children are sent to school so that they can find good jobs and settle in life without much struggle. This can happen only when schools teach them subjects like science, maths, economics and commerce.

Secondly, the world is ever changing because of technological advances and focus on academic subjects make it easier for children to keep themselves abreast of those innovations and advances. For example, subjects like computer science prepares the student to face the modern world of technology.

thirdly, the children can always acquire skills in music or particular sports of their interest by taking extra classes or training outside of the school on their own, unlike academic subjects where you acquire those skills and formal certification only in schools, so it's only fair that schools train the students for what it's built for in the first place.

However, not all students may be good in academics and may not help them to secure their future as professionals. Also, the children may not get dejected or discouraged, if they find out that they are good in some sports or music and even serve as a seed for them to reflect or channelize this towards academic areas. So it becomes important for schools to identify these and concentrate more on non-academic subjects as well.

Nevertheless, for the greater benefit of majority of the children it's always better for schools to put more focus on academic subjects to secure their future, although some children specialty may not be academics.

Schools main focus have always been more academic in nature for the greater benefit of children future
School's main focuses have always been more academic in nature for the greater benefit of children's future

Sentence: Nevertheless, for the greater benefit of majority of the children it's always better for schools to put more focus on academic subjects to secure their future, although some children specialty may not be academics.
Suggestion: Refer to children and specialty