Government can control the population through taxes. To what extent do you agree or disagree?

The world population has been increasing steadily over the decades. It is hard to decide what ways are the best to curb this trend. Some people contend that taxes should be employed to limit this growing trend; however, personally I opponent it strongly. In this essay, two sides will be discussed.

Admittedly, taxes would be a burden on the decisions of having babies for would-be parents. When making decisions of giving birth to a baby, finance will be taken into consideration. If these added taxes are too heavy for them to bear, the parents might abandon to raise babies.

However, it is not fair to impose heavy taxes on common people. In this society, there are many kinds of taxes which have almost depleted every penny in common people’s pocket. For example, when people buy a tooth brush, they need to pay a tax. Since taxes are considered to be a way to support the government to operate normally, not to punish every people, if this kind of tax is implemented, unfairness among the public might be triggered off to conduct strikes.

Another chief reason why I argue against this taxation is simply it does not work in reality. To exemplify, in China, when a person purchases a new car, he needs to pay about 10% extra tax which is designed to restrict the owning of a private car. Nevertheless, in practice, the number of private cars has been ascending drastically over the past decade.

My conclusion is that the government will not achieve the goal of controlling the population growth by simply applying tax on every person. It is recommended to explore other ways, such as the economic development.

Sentence: Some people contend that taxes should be employed to limit this growing trend; however, personally I opponent it strongly.
Description: A pronoun, personal, nominative, not 3rd person singular is not usually followed by a noun, singular, common
Suggestion: Refer to I and opponent