Increasing the price of petrol is the best way to solve growing traffic and pollution problems. To what extent do you agree or disagree?What other measures do you think might be effective?

Increasing the price of petrol is the best way to solve growing traffic and pollution problems.
To what extent do you agree or disagree?
What other measures do you think might be effective?

The car is considered as a most preferable communication tool, due to its speed, comfort and some other features. Therefore, recently, critical increase in the usage of the cars sparks crucial problems, such as traffic, pollution and make it worldwide issue. Some argue increasing petrol price will definitely provoke car users to avoid using this transportation tool.

Firstly, to use expensive petrol method to avoid people from using car is not effective approach in this problem. Because, in any case majority of car user will be obliged to cut some amount of their spending from one part, or from their saving account and spend that money on their car. Therefore, alternative solutions should be implemented by the government such as reconstruction and refining of road infrastructure or building additional ways efficiently in the country. Moreover, in order to solve pollution problems, automobile producers have to take responsibilities in this occasion. Due to advanced and developed technology, it is now possible to produce cars which emit less harmful smoke to the environment. Strict regulation, such high tax, high import tariffs, must be enforced by government on using cars which are dangerous for environment.

Secondly, the growing traffic and pollution problems are not mainly because of the cheaper petrol prices. However, it mainly occurs because of the illiteracy of population. Some trainings, advertisement or TV programs could be best method to educate people, to avoid using cars, but public transportation unless it is not so urgent. The adverse environmental effects should be explained by expertise. In addition, alternative transport, public transportation also has to be improved.

On the other hand, it is obvious that the vast majority of car user comes from poor and middle income families. Therefore, even slight differences in price could generate their cost increase significantly and motivate them using cheaper public transportation.

To sum up, it is obvious that to use alternative approaches such as government regulations and producing environmental friendly automobiles is more efficient than increasing petrol prices.

considered as a most preferable communication tool
considered as the most preferable communication tool

critical increase in the usage of the cars sparks crucial problems, such as traffic, pollution and make it worldwide issue.
critical increase in the usage of the cars sparks crucial problems, such as traffic, pollution, and makes it a worldwide issue.

is not effective approach
is not an effective approach

could be best method
could be the best method