Increasing the price of petrol is the best way to solve growing traffic and pollution problems.To what extent do you agree or disagree?What measures do you think might be effective?

The burden of traffic congestion and pollution is increasing up to a large extent now a days. It is very clear that if we cannot make a solution to reduce the pollution, mankind will be affected by number of diseases. I agree to the statement that traffic congestion and pollution can be controlled by increasing the price of petrol. Others, strongly oppose this strategy.

The first thing is, private cars are the major issue to get more pollution and traffic on the roads. People may avoid use of private cars by increasing the price of petrol and people may save the money which is helpful for other purposes such as helping the poor, investing in children career by joining them in the training classes which they are interested in.
Other, equally important aspect is, people may use bicycles for fewer distances through which people cannot witness pollution and traffic too. Also, people can walk for very few distances which helps the people to be physically strong.

However, apart from increasing the price of petrol, there are lot more measures which are more effective. Government should promote the public transport system such as government buses and trains for longer distances more frequently for commuters who use cars especially. Not only the government but also people should get aware of traffic, so that, they must subside the small cars which pollute less smoke. Further more, traffic can be controlled by encouraging the people to buy small cars instead other cars.

By the way of conclusion, people should get aware of traffic and they must use the public transport like trains and buses for longer distances. Also, people must use small cars which pollutes less into air.

small cars which pollutes less into air.
small cars which pollute less to the air.