In the last 20 years there have been significant developments in the field of information technology (IT), for example the World Wide Web and communication by email. However, these developments in IT are likely to have more negative effects than positive

In the last 20 years there have been significant developments in the field of information technology (IT), for example the World Wide Web and communication by email. However, these developments in IT are likely to have more negative effects than positive in the future.
To what extent do you agree with this view?

Information technology is developing rapidly over the last two decades. More and more people are using the Internet and email for communication. Although there are positive effects of this technology, I am of the opinion that its negative impacts are much serious.

Those who favour the positive views cite several reasons for it. First and foremost, through the innovation of World Wide Web, information can be acquired easily in just few seconds with minimal effort. This accessibility to a vast knowledge will assist the people to keep abreast with the latest news, which is of paramount impor...

Not only it is convenient but also saves considerable time, that could be spent on tasks which require much focus.
Description: Not only...but also is not used properly. can you re-write this sentence?