In many countries good schools and medical facilities are only available in cities To improve this situation some people suggest that new teachers and doctors should be sent to rural areas for several years Others disagree because everyone has right to ch

In many countries, good schools and medical facilities are only available in cities. To improve this situation, some people suggest that new teachers and doctors should be sent to rural areas for several years. Others disagree because everyone has right to choose where to work. Discuss both of the ideas and give your own opinion.

Although the living conditions, such as medical and school facilities have been enhanced in the past few decades, rural areas still experience the scarcity of such infrastructures. Therefore, some people are of the opinion that teachers as well as doctors should be assigned to these remote places helping the local communities, while other are opposed to this opinion, arguing that it is against the free wills of those teachers and doctors. Personally, I support the latter.

Admittedly, allocating medical and educational professionals can help to alleviate the current situations in remote areas to some extent. To be specific, under the guide of new doctors, not only can local people receive more advanced medical attention, but also establish community medical centers, which will benefit them even in a long run. Moreover, it is teachers who can foster the next generation. Thus, more and more specialized and knowledgeable youngsters can be cultivated, which in turn will dedicate all their techniques and knowledge to the development of their hometown.

Nevertheless, reaching the conclusion that newly arrived teachers and doctors can help to develop the rural places does not necessarily indicate that this is the best solution. In fact, such compulsory policy may trigger negative effects. For instance, some of the teachers and doctors may not want to be allocated to these remote places due to the fact that they cannot be separated from their families or they consider the living conditions there are very harsh. Under these circumstances, it would be wrong and inhuman to implement this policy. Furthermore, if these professionals were assigned against their wills, they would be reluctant to perform their jobs and would even hold resentment towards their jobs.

In addition, instead of sending new teachers and doctors, the government should improve the local infrastructures. This is the fundamental solution to tackle this problem. That is to say, without the construction of local facilities, the allocation of teachers and doctors would be neither productive nor attractive. Only after the development of local hospitals and schools, can the problem be addressed.

In conclusion, as far as I am concerned, sending professionals to rural places cannot combat the problem completely. Instead, the government should give priority to the construction of schools and hospitals, which is the essential solution.