In many parts of the world and throughout history governments have moved their capitals Why would they do this What are the potential problems and benefits Would you vote for moving your capital

In many parts of the world and throughout history, governments have moved their capitals. Why would they do this? What are the potential problems and benefits? Would you vote for moving your capital?

If we look into the history then find that capitals of many countries relocated to somewhere else. There are many reasons behind that. I think that the government has been forced to do this to make access of the administrative services easier.

Moving capital to the centre of the country helps citizens a lot to access central government’s facilities. They do not require traveling too far for centre’s help. Apart from this it is also helpful to the central government as it can now easily concentrate on entire nation as all areas are within its comfortable reach. Whenever some natural disasters occur or people require immediate attention, it would be easier for the government to provide necessary help in no time. It also reduces cost of transportation if the capital of the country is in the centre. Another major advantage we can consider is the defense. We can defend ourselves better in wars if our administrative and defense head quarters are at the centre. So looking on above points, often governments decide to move their capitals to some central location.

On the other hand, moving capital to somewhere else also brings many problems too. The major problem we can say is cost. Government requires huge money for this relocation and also requires time in years to complete this marathon project. Due to this it needs to cut down budget for some of the development tasks and that affect on overall development of the nation. Also it is really hard for the citizens to adapt this change as they are quite used to with current system. Delhi is situated almost centre in India. So I do not think that we need to change our capital to some other place as the current capital can be easily accessible from all over India.

In summaries, the government first has to think positive and negative sides before making any decision to change the capital of the country.

capitals of many countries relocated
the capitals of many countries are relocated