Media The majority of news being reported is bad news such as wars famines accidents and crime Why do you think that is DO you think news should be a balance of both good and bad news

Media.

The majority of news being reported is bad news such as wars, famines, accidents and crime.

Why do you think that is?

DO you think news should be a balance of both good and bad news?

Many newspaper tend to show negatives events that occur daily worldwide. This is only a consequence of our innate attitude to warn others about the existent risks that may put our life in danger. Therefore, obviously, bad news catch our attention and media are more willing to present them, in order to increase their sales. Although it is a natural mechanism, media has a strong influence on our beliefs, our expectations and our overall mood. So, it is necessary to create a coherent and realistic balance of the news that are published.

Generally, local newspapers highlight and exaggerate this phenomenon. It can be seen from that unrealistic content of the articles or from the headlines themselves, often too focused in provoking uproar from the readers. For instance, a few months ago one of my hometown newspaper reported a new about a girl being raped in a park, nearby my house. The article presented several details about the fact, such as age and nationality of the offender, indirectly suggesting that police might have identified it. However, during the following week came out that the girl in question suffered of psychosis and made up everything, resulting that no rape has been committed.

Moreover, everyday we witness the influence that those news have on our mood. A newspaper is, I a certain way, depicting our surrounding environment. As a result, looking and hearing at negative news only presents us a frightening world. Many sociologists find it a possible cause to the growing number of depression symptoms. Indeed, despite a wide number of factors cause depression, it is undeniable how having such a pessimistic depicted environment may play an important role in the development of this disease.

In conclusion, newspapers are more and more willing to provide bad news for economical and evolutionistic reasons. It is nevertheless important to equally re-proportionate good and bad news to offer a coherent, realistic and less frightening image of our environment.

reported a new about a girl
reported a news about a girl

one of my hometown newspaper
one of my hometown newspapers

during the following week came out that
during the following week it came out that

A newspaper is, I a certain way,
A newspaper is, In a certain way,

despite a wide number of factors cause depression,
Description: check books how to use 'despite'

Sentence: In conclusion, newspapers are more and more willing to provide bad news for economical and evolutionistic reasons.
Error: evolutionistic Suggestion: No alternate word

Double check grammar issues after essay writing. They are small and easy to figure out.

----------------------