Nowadays most parents put a lot of pressure on their children to succeed. What are the reasons for parents to do this? Does it have a positive or a negative effect on children in general?

In today's generation parents obliged their children to be successful. Most probably they have their own answer to this. However, in my own perspective I agree with it. This essay will discuss the two sides of the argument.

To begin, not everyone who was forced by their parents to be successful achieved what both their mother and father have been expecting from them. For instance, some will even reached to a point to become rebellious, and things comes to worst through this action they did,they get involved in drug addiction and they end up in jail. Most of the children who get into this scenario are mentally and psychologically unprepared, for the fact that they would think that they have no freedom to do whatever they wanted. Conceivably, they do not realize that this is for their future's sake.

In contrary, other children who were brought up to be more obedient and disciplined are the ones who succeed. They just keep on following what their parents are advising them to do. In particular, these children were more successful in the end. As the saying goes," Parents knows what is best for us." Honestly, in this situation parents and children has a great rule to play. If only most of the children thinks and understands that their mother and father pushes them to do this or that, for the reason that majority of the parents wants their children to be more prepared and armed in whatever life's challenges may bring to their lives later.

In sum, we cannot blame parents to be so strict in imposing any rules to their children just for them to be successful. In fact as the saying goes," A father cannot give a stone to his child if a child is asking for bread." It only represents that everything that a parent does to their children most probably provides them with lots of benefits than disadvantages.

and things comes to worst
and things come to worst

parents and children has a great rule to play.
parents and children have a great rule to play.

most of the children thinks and understands that their mother and father pushes them to do this or that,
most of the children think and understand that their mother and father push them to do this or that,