Nowadays traffic jams are becoming a big problem in most cities and bigger towns Some people suggest that widening of roads is a solution to this problem Do you agree or disagree Give your opinion and suggest a solution to the problem

Nowadays traffic jams are becoming a big problem in most cities and bigger towns. Some people suggest that widening of roads is a solution to this problem.. Do you agree or disagree. Give your opinion and suggest a solution to the problem.

In this rampant age of urbanization, with the progression in population, traffic jams have become one of the major headache mostly in developing and developed cities. A lot of people think that widening of roads will eradicate this problem. I strongly disagree to this fact and shall analyze the same in my essay.

At the outset, there are primarily three reasons that are contributing towards traffic jams in cities. Firstly, people these days are always in a rush and do not have time and patience to wait at the traffic signals. In addition, they jump traffic signals and take wrong lanes that blocks the way for the people, coming from other direction and hence, blocking the traffic. Secondly, despite designated parking lots, a lot of individuals are parking their vehicles anywhere on the road as per their convenience without thinking of the congestion it may cause. To illustrate, one can imagine the plight of commuters and the pace of vehicular movement on a road where two of its three lanes are encroached and all types of vehicles negotiate with each other on the remaining one lane to move ahead especially in local markets. Lastly, the traffic policemen are never stationed at the designated signals where traffic is usually slow and they are busy in allocating receipt to violators and getting bribed. Their absence from signals during peek hours add to traffic bottleneck, as people tries to cross the road in any way it is feasible without thinking of the welfare of others.

However, there are few people who thinks that widening of roads will help to resolve this everlasting problem. To add to this, in a recent survey held in the national capital itself, the total percentage of roads that are six lanes or above is 67%, which means less congested and more convenient roads but due to improper traffic sense and planning, there is no weight-age of the above percentage.

From my notion, I believe that the roads are widened enough for the commuter to commute, still the traffic jams are being caused. So, it should be individual's responsibility to abide by the traffic rules and do not contribute to traffic congestion caused by violating the rules. Moreover, the traffic law should be made more strict and people should be charged a heavy fine for violating any traffic signal. Also, their driving license could be impound unless the fine is paid.

To conclude, undeniably the traffic jams are increasing mostly in city areas which is becoming an alarming concern, however, by following traffic rules and imposing heavy fines to violators, this monstrous problem can be controlled to an extent.

one of the major headache
one of the major headaches

few people who thinks that
few people who think that

the traffic jams are increasing mostly in city areas which is becoming an alarming concern,
Description: 'which' refers to what? read books how to use 'which'

The third paragraph is out of topic. You are not asked to answer the reasons contributing towards traffic jams in cities. Only need to argue whether widening of roads is a solution to this problem or not.

Attention please, you have the same issues in other essays. Write the essay according to the topic, or you will get a very low mark.