Essay topics: The number of overweight children in developed countries is increasing. Some people think this is due to problems such as the growing number of fast food outlets. Others believe that parents are to blame for not looking after their children's health.
Nowadays one of the most spoken problems is the increased number of obese young people in developed countries. Many people believe that fast food restaurants contribute to this problem since they offer unhealthy and fat food. By contrast, others consider that the increased number of obese children is due to parents who neglect their offsprings' health. In my opinion, there would be less children who are suffering from the excessive weight, if parents paid attention to their children's health properly.
According to World Health Organisation (WHO), the number of obese children in developed countries has significantly increased over the past two decades. It is assumed that there is a link between the increased number of overweight children and the growing number of fast food restaurants since usually the amount of fat in fast foods exceeds the permissible norms of fat. Moreover, hamburgers and fries, which are considered as an unhealthy food, are affordable to population and usually located near educational institutes. Thus, it might seem that the growing number of fast food restaurants are contributing to the increased number of obese people, most of whom are children; nonetheless, there are more significant factors which facilitate individuals, particularly children, to be obese.
Parents who are mainly responsible for their children's health and overall well-being should control their offsprings' diet and lifestyle. If children, for instance, are forbidden strictly to visit fast food restaurants by their parents, the number of children who eat at fast food outlets will be significantly decreased. In addition, parents should encourage their children to lead more active life: doing sport and spending less time in front of a computer, rather than sedentary one.
In conclusion, I absolutely agree with that parents are responsible for the increased number of obese children since they have a significant influence on their children to lead a healthy lifestyle.
|Post date||Users||Rates||More about the essay|
|3 months 2 weeks ago||jimpan||67||Read full essay|
|4 months 1 week ago||saroj||56||Read full essay|
|1 year 8 months ago||newuser sharmana||85||Read full essay|
|1 year 9 months ago||Spritz||60||Read full essay|
|2 years 1 month ago||keerthisri||70||Read full essay|
|2 years 10 months ago||doshi.deep83||60||Read full essay|
|3 years 2 months ago||eddysuaib||90||Read full essay|
|3 years 10 months ago||Azizat||70||Read full essay|
|3 years 10 months ago||aisha.oab||83.33329999999999||Read full essay|
|4 years 1 month ago||marzieh||80||Read full essay|
- Many office authorities impose a restriction on smoking within the office premises. Some governments have even banned smoking in all public places. This is a good idea but it takes away some of our freedom. what are your opinions on this? (84)
- The line graph below shows the annual number of visits to Australia by overseas tourists. The table below gives information on the country of origin where the tourists came from. (67)
- Safety standards are important when building people's homes. Who should be responsible for enforcing strict building codes - the government or the people who build the houses. (67)
- To solve ever-increasing environmental hazards throughout the world, the best way is to increase the price of fuel. What is your opinion on the above assumption? (84)
- The diagram below shows the average hours of unpaid work per week done by people in different categories. (Unpaid work refers to such activities as childcare in the home, housework and gardening.) (61)
- Do you agree with the following statement? Parents are the best teachers. (61)
- Many people believe that women make better parents than men and that is why they have the greater role in raising children in most societies. Others claim that men are just as good as women at parenting. (89)
- Nowadays food has become easier to prepare. Has this change improved the way people live? (80)
- Eating sweet foods produces acid the mouth, which can cause tooth decay. (High acid levels are measured by low pH values) (61)
- People attend colleges or universities for many different reasons (for example, new experiences, career preparation, increased knowledge etc.). Why do you think people attend colleges or universities? (78)