People believe that they should be able to keep all the money they earn and should not pay tax to the state. To what extent do you agree or disagree?

Money has been as an essential part of humankind. For this reason, the majority of workers argue that their money should not be spent on tax because they need to fulfill their basic survival needs. While this perspective can be understandable for some reasons, I utterly believe that paying tax brings some tangible benefits as it supports the development of the countries.

Some workers who support the argument of not paying tax believe that they are the breadwinners who withstand the financial matters of their families. Result shows that in the cosmopolitan cities such as Melbourne and London, the cost of living is extremely expensive. Averagely, citizens have annual expenditure of $52,000. It can be concluded that if they have to pay tax, they will not have enough money to survive.

In addition, some parents deliberate that the responsibility for paying the children's education cost is the most important thing rather than spending money on the state. A study, conducted by Harvard University, points out that tuition fees are by far the largest proportion of spending money which requires over a half of amount of personal income. By doing so, the more the tax they pay, the more the education becomes neglected.

On the other hand, tax is the main financial resource for governments to develop the country. Firstly, the significant development can be seen in the public facilities. For pragmatic instance, local council of Jakarta spends much money on public transportation, houses, and green areas. Another contribution of taxes is to provide citizens with better healthcare that can result in prolonging life expectation. Finally, taxes are used to give benefit support for people who live under poverty line.

The aforementioned evidence examines that the tax which citizens have paid helps governments to improve welfare state in the country. While paying tax can burden people linked to living cost and education matters, it fosters the developments in the country. Where possible, all citizens should pay taxes as their responsibilities.

Some workers that support the argument of not paying tax believe that
Some workers who support the argument of not paying tax believe that

they will have no enough money to survive.
they will not have enough money to survive.