A recent study showed that both developed and developing countries prosper because of economic growth People from developing countries are much happier than before while people from developed countries are not as happy as they were in the past Why is that

A recent study showed that both developed and developing countries prosper because of economic growth. People from developing countries are much happier than before while people from developed countries are not as happy as they were in the past. Why is that happening? How can the situation be improved?

An issue of economic growth both in developed and developing countries and its influence on people’s happiness is widely discussed nowadays. It is considered that citizens of developed countries are not as happy as those in developing world. There are certain reasons to that, nevertheless the situation can be improved.

It is true that in developing countries population experience the feeling of inner peace and satisfaction. What is the explanation to that? - The first reason is a sense of gratitude for their life. No matter how hard living conditions are, these people never complain. Another reason is they are not as spoiled as developed countries’ population. A further reason is religious. Buddhism, Hinduism and Islam are the main denominations there. They teach people work hard, have limited needs, believe in their gods and spend time in prayers.

Despite the level of living in developed countries is western societies is incomparable, people there suffer from depression, mental illnesses and commit suicides. We must admit that economic factor is not the only one which determines a state of happiness. The more people have, the more they strive to get, and this process never ends. Another reason is a great dependence on medical pills, side effects of which lead to depression. Traffic jams, pollution, unbearable news on TV, violent films and constant fear make their impact on people’s mental health. We are also too dependent on modern conveniences and lack of money which make us extremely vulnerable.

In addition, we have to concentrate more on spiritual growth than think only about material things. There are numerous possibilities of learning about priceless works of arts, masterpieces of music and literature. It is an invisible inner work of mind that demands a lot of efforts and determination, but it is worth doing, if we want to change our life.

In conclusion, developed countries should focus on revival of moral values, than think only about material prosperity.

population experience the feeling of inner peace
population experiences the feeling of inner peace

Another reason is they are not as spoiled as
Another reason is that they are not as spoiled as

Despite the level of living in developed countries is western societies is incomparable,
Description: can you re-write this sentence?

Don't use 'In addition, ' in the beginning of the fourth paragraph since this is the paragraph for solutions.