Some people believe that electronic calculators should not be allowed in school until after the pupils have mastered mental arithmetic Others believe that calculators save pupils time especially with complicated calculations Discuss both these views and g

Some people believe that electronic calculators should not be allowed in school until after the pupils have mastered mental arithmetic. Others believe that calculators save pupils time especially with complicated calculations. Discuss both these views and give your own opinion.

Nowadays, in our contemporary world, smart calculators have become an essential tool, having a purpose in solving quickly the arithmetical operations. In contrast, the school offers numerical skill which can be more accurate and faster than a program that simulates this skill. From my perspective, I think that calculator remains a helpful software for students in case of evaluating their solutions to a problem.

Admittedly, there are enormous advantages that a calculator could offer learners. These electronic devices can easily provide their answer to several difficult questions in the science curriculum. Obviously, it is required for students to give their results with precision which turn out to be the toughest part. For instance, in the physics, students work with decimals in order to detect the small errors in their experiments. Therefore, making calculation consumes a lot of time in preparing.

However, I still support that school should ban the use of calculators because they could lead to several mistakes regarding student's calculations. Calculators, as many electronic devices, are considered to be untrustful because nobody can be sure that their work is 100% correct. The case of the decimal number is exceptional because computers work in a different style from integer numbers. The calculators memorize additional information about the real or complex numbers. For example, real numbers need to be allocated a specific number where it can be found the point. As a result, operating calculations in base two can prove the misinterpretation to basic arithmetical mechanisms such as addition, subtract and multiply. Furthermore, calculators cannot develop the logical mental skills for children. So, reliance on the computer system of calculation could be harmful to the learners.

In conclusion, in our academic system, calculators are regarded to be necessary or not in learning paths and consequently, will play an important role in real applications.

having a purpose in solving quickly the arithmetical operations.
having a purpose in solving the arithmetical operations quickly .

In contrast, the school offers numerical skill which can be more accurate
In contrast, the school offers numerical skills which can be more accurate //but logically, this is a wrong sentence: skills can not be accurate

give their results with precision which turn out to be the toughest part
give their results with precision which turns out to be the toughest part