Some people believe that the salaries paid to professional sportspeople are too high while others argue that sports salaries are fair Discuss both views and give your opinion

Some people believe that the salaries paid to professional sportspeople are too high, while others argue that sports salaries are fair. Discuss both views and give your opinion.

People have different views about the amount of money paid to top sportspeople. While there are some good arguments in favour of the contention that these athletes are overpaid, I believe that they receive fair salaries.

On one side of the argument, many successful athletes get paid the big money compared to workers in other professions, like doctors and engineers, even though their roles are not as vital as these workers. Many people get sick throughout their lives and need medical assistance. Without doctors and nurses, it would not only lead to people suffering from a number of diseases, but also would shorten their lifespan significantly. Also, if a doctor makes a mistake in performing a surgery procedure, it could take a patient life. Thus, the primary responsibility for saving a patient in critical condition rests with doctors. At the same time, engineers play a vital role in providing a cornerstone of infrastructure, like any type of buildings such as schools and hospitals. If this specialist negligibly provides a week structure foundation of a building, it might collapse and lead to hundreds of casualties. Therefore, considering the roles and responsibility of those who work in such professions and their impact on people, top athletes may not deserve higher salaries than them.

On the other hand, there are several reasons why I believe that professional athletes receive a substantial amount of money. Firstly, being a top sports player is not easy as it looks. It requires years of practice and hard-work and an athlete has to compete with many other competitors along the way. Secondly, a sports star usually has millions of fans who are willing to pay to see him or her play. This solid form of fans is the source of income to the athlete. Finally, there are many firms that want to use a popular player for advertising purposes. They often tend to make a considerable investment into advertising their products and the part of investment goes to the athlete’s share. There many athletes who act as role models and set a good example for children. Thus, the amount of money they get paid is fair, provided that the positive impact they make on the society as a whole.

In conclusion, there are convincing arguments both for and against the debate over the salaries of sports stars, but I believe they deserve the money they earn.

it would not only lead to people suffering from a number of diseases, but also would shorten their lifespan
it not only would lead to people suffering from a number of diseases, but also would shorten their lifespan

Sentence: There many athletes who act as role models and set a good example for children.
Description: An existential there is not usually followed by a determiner/pronoun, post-determiner
Suggestion: Refer to There and many

Need to polish sentences