Some people believe that students should always learn in a group rather than study individually To what extent do you agree or disagree

Some people believe that students should always learn in a group rather than study individually. To what extent do you agree or disagree?

Within the past few decades, team work has become more and more popular in modern life, especially in cooperate environment. Therefore, there is an increasing number of schools encouraging students working in a group. However, some argue that students can learn better if they study by themselves. In my opinion, working within a group can bring more benefit to the students.

Students can not only gain more knowledge but can also rebuild their personality through learning within a group. To be specific, members within a group are able to help each other and share their understanding so that each individual member can benefit from this experience. Group members tend to compete with each other during studying, which can in turn motivate individual student and further improve has or her efficiency as well as grades. For instance, I used to have a study group of English in high school. When there was a question that an individual member could not address, everyone in the group would share their views about the question and then solved it together. Furthermore, everybody within this group were secretly competing with each other in terms of who had a bigger vocabulary and who can read faster. Under such a circumstance, it is not surprise that members in this English study group excelled among other students.

Some may claim that studying in a group reduce the motivation of students to learn voluntarily, since their team mates can just tell them the answers. This appears to be true as some students do use their relationship with others to acquire answers to the assessments rather than do their homework by themselves first. Nevertheless, those who are asked for answers are likely to give the answer through a step-by-step demonstration in stead of giving the answer straight away. Thus through this process of deduction and demonstration, each members can in fact acquire understanding and knowledge. Also, the way students sharing their learning experience and knowledge helps them to become generous to each other, which will in turn cultivate their personality.

In summary, the benefit of studying in a group outweigh those of studying individually.

especially in cooperate environment.
especially in cooperating environment.

Students can not only gain more knowledge but can also rebuild their personality
Students not only can gain more knowledge, but also can rebuild their personality

improve has or her efficiency
improve his or her efficiency

everybody within this group were secretly competing with each other
everybody within this group was secretly competing with each other

Sentence: Furthermore, everybody within this group were secretly competing with each other in terms of who had a bigger vocabulary and who can read faster.
Description: The token of is not usually followed by a WH-pronoun, nominative
Suggestion: Refer to of and who

studying in a group reduce the motivation
studying in a group reduces the motivation

Sentence: Thus through this process of deduction and demonstration, each members can in fact acquire understanding and knowledge.
Description: A determiner/pronoun, singular is not usually followed by a noun, plural, common
Suggestion: Refer to each and members