Some people believe that vegetarian diet is the best diet for a variety of reasons but others strongly oppose this view Discuss both views and give your opinion

Some people believe that vegetarian diet is the best diet for a variety of reasons, but others strongly oppose this view. Discuss both views and give your opinion.

Whether to be a vegetarian or a non-vegetarian is a difficult decision to make. There are many reasons that influence this decision. Many decide due to health reasons or some because of religion, but in most of the cases it depends on the liking and disliking. Both, being vegetarian and nonvegetarian have its advantages and disadvantages. I personally like to eat nonvegetarian food if given a choice.

Firstly, vegetarians do not eat food that are produced by killing animals. Killing animals for own benefit is not considered to be morally good, especially in my country, India, where people are religious, god-fearing and, killing animals is believed to be a sin. Secondly, it is unnecessary to kill animals for food when plenty of vegetarian options are available. Finally, many feels that meat is healthier than vegetarian food. However, this is not the truth and today, many nonvegetarians are becoming vegetarian due to health reasons.

From the nonvegetarian point of view, firstly, vegetarian food is not a balanced diet, and it do not contain all the essential vitamins. Hence, it is necessary to include meat as part of the food. Secondly, man has been hunter for ages and have been killing animals for food. Animals are below humans in the food-chain and can be killed by humans for food. Finally, many countries are not able to produce food as per the consumption from farming due to climate conditions. Such countries mostly rely on animal for food.

In conclusion, both, being vegetarian or nonvegetarian have it own plus and minus points. It is up to the individuals to decide, what they want to be considering all the factors like, religion, health and their likings.