Essay topics: Some people consider computers to be more of a hindrance than a help. Others believe that they have greatly increased human potential.
How could computers be considered a hindrance?
Computers nowadays have influence on human life,some people probably improve their ability due to using the computer. However, Others insist that computers have more negative impacts than benefits.
There is a wide range of funtions in computers,which can help our life.First of all,We can communicate with other people easily even we are living far from them. Secondly, thank to computer, our studies of researches are more faster and easier than before. Our knowledge is able to improve due to a massive useful imformation and material. Finally, children and adults can increase their ability during playing games. For example,the sim 3 which is designed for the people who like to build their own house and their own character. They might get more creation while they are playing that game.
Beside of benefits,computers have more disadvantages ,too. People nowadays afraid of talking face to face with each other, they prefer chating in social networks to talking directly.In addition, people depend on the Internet than study by themselves. For instance, they use Internet and copy the imformation and paste on their report as if that imformation is their. Futhermore, playing games too much will make the children and adults have an unhealthy lifestyle such as overweigh, short-sighted. Some games may include pornography,violence which effect on children.
To sum up, using computers wisely can improve our potential, however there are several drawbacks of computer that people have to realise.
- Modern lifestyles mean that many parents have little time for their children. Many children suffer because they do not get as much attention from their parents as children did in the past.Do you agree or disagree? (75)
- In some countries the average weight of people is increasing and their levels of health and fitness are decreasing.What do you think are the causes of these problems and what measures could be taken to slove them? (60)
- Modern lifestyles mean that many parents have little time for their children. Many children suffer because they do not get as much attention from their parents as children did in the past.Do you agree or disagree? (80)
- Some people consider computers to be more of a hindrance than a help. Others believe that they have greatly increased human potential.How could computers be considered a hindrance? (62.5)
- Some people prefer to spend their lives doing the same things and avoiding change. Others,however,think that change is always a good thing.Discuss both these views and give your own opinion. (60)