Some people think that a car is the best way to travel in cities while others believe a bicycle is a better way Discuss both views and give your opinion

Some people think that a car is the best way to travel in cities while others believe a bicycle is a better way. Discuss both views and give your opinion

Undoubtedly in this 21st century personal vehicles are amplified in all the major cities of the world compared to early days, where people make use of either public transport or a bicycle to commute from one place to another. Some people hold the opinion that, nowadays the best way to travel in the cities are by a car, while some people argue that the efficient and cheapest way of commuting is by a bicycle. In my opinion commuting by both the modes has its own advantages as well as ill effects which I will try to enunciate below.

There are multifarious reasons why people prefer cars over a bicycle to travel in the cities. Firstly, nowadays due to hectic work culture everyone is so busy that they cannot afford to spend more time to reach from one place to another. For example, they think if journey time taken by a car is 1 hour, than commuting by a bicycle would be bit longer. Secondly, when we are travelling by a car, we can travel along with our families depending on the car seating capacity, whereas if we need to travel by a bicycle maximum only 2 persons can travel. Finally, it is not convenient and easy for every age person to travel by a bicycle. For instance, people with wheel chair or in addition people in the old age.

On the contrary, some people argue that a bicycle is efficient option to travel in the cities because of the various reasons. First and foremost, it is environmentally friendly since a bicycle does not run on any of the fuel. If more and more people would choose a bicycle as their travel option, then predicament related to the pollution would be solved completely. Moreover, a bicycle is cost effective as there is a minimal maintenance cost, whereas to afford a car and the car maintenance is bit expensive. Furthermore, indubitably, cycling is considered to be one of best exercises with zero investment, otherwise people spends hefty amount in gym to lose weight.

To recapitulate, no doubt to travel in a city both the modes has its own pros or cons. In my opinion, it is up to each individual to take the decision, which transport mode is convenient and efficient for them to travel in a city.

due to hectic work culture
due to the hectic work culture

a bicycle is efficient option
a bicycle is an efficient option