You are hereSome people think that the increase of cheap air travel has brought many benefits while travel others argue that this develpment has its drawbacks to the world’s encironment and resources. Discuss these two points of view. Whats your opinion?

Some people think that the increase of cheap air travel has brought many benefits while travel others argue that this develpment has its drawbacks to the world’s encironment and resources. Discuss these two points of view. Whats your opinion?

Domilina's picture

By Domilina - Posted on 20 January 2014

It is true that with the emergency of many economic air travel today, travelling has becoming easier. Nevertheless, it has brought many benifit to the country and also to the people interms of economy, social or other welfare purposes. However, with the development of these air travel, many environment and other natural resources have to be sacrifice for this purposes. This essay intent to share some of the reason.

In the oldern days, it is probably only the rich people are able to travel by plane. With the successful development of cheap air travel such as “Air Asia”, many business people have shift into this area of business and thus bringing many advantages to the people. Firstly by opening air travel business, this company need to hire more worker such as pilot, cabin crew, marketing, chef etc and therefore providing more job opportunity for the people. Secondly, not only the rich, the poor or the middle class people are now able to travel with the affordable air fares. In this way, by allowing more people to travel to other countries and more visitors to come, this means that there will be more trading to take place thus, improving the economic of a country. Finally, it is by travelling that perhaps people can learn about other’s culture and way of life, and therefore help one to enrich their knowledge and opportunity.

Contrary, there are drawbacks that this business can cause especially to the environment. Firstly, in order to produce a plane, few natural resources are needed such as titanium, wood, nickle etc. Not only that, petrol that derive from crude oil is needed to operate the plane to be able to fly. Next, when the plane begin to fly, it will emits hot smoke from the exhaust fumes which eventualy will make the temperature of the environment to increase and inturn will cause global warming. Finally, when more air travel starting to develop, there will be more airport needed to be build and this means to say there will be more trees needed to be cut down to make the landline and more animals will lost their habitat.

In conclusion, there are convincing arguments how the emergence of air travel could bring benifits to the people. However in my opinion, in order to reduce the drawbacks that it can cause to the environment, goverment should monitor and limit the development of this businesses.

IELTS WRITING TASK 1 BINUDANIEL20 sticky icon
Shopping has become a favorite pastime among young people.Why do you think it is like that. Do you think they must be encouraged to do other things rather than shopping? saeed_S_1368
People attend college or university for many different reasons (for example, new experiences, career preparation, increased knowledge).Why do you think people attend college or university? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer. greatdipen
People attend college or university for many different reasons (for example, new experiences, career preparation, increased knowledge). Why do you think people attend college or university? sfaht1 sticky icon
Nowadays people becoming parents later in life. Some think it is not a good development for the family and for the country. Do you agree or disagree with it? Give your own opinion. devabe2005
People believe that they should be able to keep all the money they earn and people should not pay tax to the state. To what extent do you agree or disagree? lala asfa
http://ielts-simon.com/.a/6a0120a5bb05d8970c016301d26131970d-pi anhhv92 sticky icon
More and more qualified people are moving from poor to rich countries to fill vacancies in specialist areas like engineering, computing and medicine.Some people believe that by encouraging the movement of such people, rich countries are stealing from poor Umb221
The charts give information about travel to and from the UK, and about the most popular countries for UK residents to visit.Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant Domilina
IELTS ESSAY - Crime is a problem all over the world. Some believe that crime prevention will make no difference, others disagree. Discuss both views and give your opinion. devabe2005

Blood sports have become a hot topic for debate in recent years. As society develops it is increasingly seen as an uncivilized activity and cruel to the helpless animals that are killed. All blood sports should be banned. Discuss the main arguments for th falks405
Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of having a car. marzieh
Argumentative Essay: Advantages and Disadvantages of Using the Internet alfitrah8.5
The mass media, including TV, radio and newspapers, have great influence in shaping people’s ideas. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this statement? Give reasons for your answer. mikrarlagowa
Creative artists should always be given freedom to express their own ideas (in words, picture, music, film) in whichever way they wish. There should be no government restrictions on what they do.To what extend do you agree or disagree with this statement? D O N
International community must act immediately to ensure all nations to reduce their consumption of fossil fuels e.g gas and oil. To what extent do you agree or disagree Lê Kim Kiều Anh sticky icon
Sample IELTS speaking: family (married person) essayking
Is talent show a good method of finding talented people or just an entertainment? (rewrite) eddysuaib
The chars below show the percentage of monthly household income spent on various items by two different groups in one European country. maryam2900
Some say that it would be better if the majority of employees worked from home instead of traveling to a work place every day.Do you think the advantages of working from home outweigh the disadvantages? maryam2900

In many countries schools have sever problems with student behaviour. What do you think are the causes and What solutions can you suggest? Justin sticky icon
Discuss the advantages and disadvantage of giving aid to poor countries. skeet sticky icon
Many people believe that media coverage of celebrities is having a negative effect on children.To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion? Shokh sticky icon
The chart below shows the total number of minutes of telephone calls in the UK, divided into three categories, from 1995-2002. Lê Kim Kiều Anh sticky icon
Media portrays young people as lazy and disrespectful.Do u think this true?Are young people today worse than their parents or does ,every new generation get criticized by older people? awais sticky icon
Some people think saving money is good, but others think that spending money is a better way to enjoy life. Discuss both views and give your own opinion. gainer04 sticky icon
The graph and table give information about water use worldwide and water consumption in two different countries.Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. luckysun sticky icon
The diagram below shows career paths in the travel industry. Write a report. Lê Kim Kiều Anh sticky icon
People nowadays live longer than they used to. What caused this situation? Is it a negative or positive development? Justin sticky icon

Sentence: However, with the development of these air travel, many environment and other natural resources have to be sacrifice for this purposes.
Description: A determiner/pronoun, singular is not usually followed by a noun, plural, common
Suggestion: Refer to this and purposes

Sentence: Contrary, there are drawbacks that this business can cause especially to the environment.
Description: The fragment Contrary , is rare
Suggestion: Possible agreement error: Replace Contrary with On contrary

Sentence: Next, when the plane begin to fly, it will emits hot smoke from the exhaust fumes which eventualy will make the temperature of the environment to increase and inturn will cause global warming.
Description: The fragment plane begin to is rare
Suggestion: Possible agreement error: Replace begin with verb, past tense
Description: A modal auxillary is not usually followed by a verb, present tense, 3rd person singular
Suggestion: Refer to will and emits

Sentence: Nevertheless, it has brought many benifit to the country and also to the people interms of economy, social or other welfare purposes.
Error: interms Suggestion: No alternate word
Error: benifit Suggestion: benefit

Sentence: In the oldern days, it is probably only the rich people are able to travel by plane.
Error: oldern Suggestion: older

Error: inturn Suggestion: intern
Error: eventualy Suggestion: eventual

Sentence: Finally, when more air travel starting to develop, there will be more airport needed to be build and this means to say there will be more trees needed to be cut down to make the landline and more animals will lost their habitat.
Error: landline Suggestion: No alternate word

Sentence: In conclusion, there are convincing arguments how the emergence of air travel could bring benifits to the people.
Error: benifits Suggestion: benefits

Sentence: However in my opinion, in order to reduce the drawbacks that it can cause to the environment, goverment should monitor and limit the development of this businesses.
Error: goverment Suggestion: government