You are hereSome people think that the increase of cheap air travel has brought many benefits while travel others argue that this develpment has its drawbacks to the world’s encironment and resources. Discuss these two points of view. Whats your opinion?

Some people think that the increase of cheap air travel has brought many benefits while travel others argue that this develpment has its drawbacks to the world’s encironment and resources. Discuss these two points of view. Whats your opinion?

Domilina's picture

By Domilina - Posted on 20 January 2014

It is true that with the emergency of many economic air travel today, travelling has becoming easier. Nevertheless, it has brought many benifit to the country and also to the people interms of economy, social or other welfare purposes. However, with the development of these air travel, many environment and other natural resources have to be sacrifice for this purposes. This essay intent to share some of the reason.

In the oldern days, it is probably only the rich people are able to travel by plane. With the successful development of cheap air travel such as “Air Asia”, many business people have shift into this area of business and thus bringing many advantages to the people. Firstly by opening air travel business, this company need to hire more worker such as pilot, cabin crew, marketing, chef etc and therefore providing more job opportunity for the people. Secondly, not only the rich, the poor or the middle class people are now able to travel with the affordable air fares. In this way, by allowing more people to travel to other countries and more visitors to come, this means that there will be more trading to take place thus, improving the economic of a country. Finally, it is by travelling that perhaps people can learn about other’s culture and way of life, and therefore help one to enrich their knowledge and opportunity.

Contrary, there are drawbacks that this business can cause especially to the environment. Firstly, in order to produce a plane, few natural resources are needed such as titanium, wood, nickle etc. Not only that, petrol that derive from crude oil is needed to operate the plane to be able to fly. Next, when the plane begin to fly, it will emits hot smoke from the exhaust fumes which eventualy will make the temperature of the environment to increase and inturn will cause global warming. Finally, when more air travel starting to develop, there will be more airport needed to be build and this means to say there will be more trees needed to be cut down to make the landline and more animals will lost their habitat.

In conclusion, there are convincing arguments how the emergence of air travel could bring benifits to the people. However in my opinion, in order to reduce the drawbacks that it can cause to the environment, goverment should monitor and limit the development of this businesses.

Ekhlas US / Iraq

User comment: I want to talk to someone in English to prepare for an exam

You recently stayed in a hotel in a large city. The weather was very unusual for the time of year and the heating/cooling system in the hotel was quite inadequate. Write a letter to the manager of the hotel.In your letter give details of what was wrong eddysuaib sticky icon
Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Attending a live performance (for example, a play, concert, or sporting event) is more enjoyable than watching the same event on television. Use specific reasons and examples to support your opinion. indah
The table and graph below give information about the gross domestic product (GDP) and employment sectors of a developing country.summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main feature and make comparisons where relevent.write at least 150 w serene123
The table and bar chart show how journey times in a city centre changed after improvements were made to the transport network, and the costs of using different forms of transport in the citySummarise the information by selecting and reporting the main fe Yora
The chart below give information about USA marriage and divorce rates between 1970 and 2000, and the marital status of adult Americans in two of the years.Summarise the if formation by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where Peng Min
IELTS essay:Scientists use living animal to carry our research. Some people think it is interesting, while some other people think it is cruel. What do you think? essayking
These days more emphasis is being placed on university education. Vocational training is not encouraged, and thus there are few qualified trades people. To which extent do you agree or disagree? Justin sticky icon
Percentage of Parents and Formal Educations Teachers Sigitandrianto08
Space tourism: Will it bring positive or negative effects on the world's development? Give your own opinion. Use example based on your experience. kryztn30
Nowadays people show more anti-social behavior and lack of respect to others. What are the causes? How could we improve the situation? dido272000

Should arts-related entertainment venues such as museums and art galleries be free of charge for the general public, or should a charge apply for admittance? kohbarfi
The gap between the rich and the poor is becoming wider, the rich more richer, the poor even more poorer. What problems can the situation cause and give solutions? Lê Kim Kiều Anh sticky icon
The pie graphs below show the results of a survey of children's activities. The first graph shows the cultural and leisure activities that boys participate in, whereas the second graph shows the activities in which girls participate. eddysuaib
Today, the high sales of popular consumer goods reflect the power of advertising and not the real needs of the society in which they are sold. To what extent do you agree or disagree? maryam2900
Tobacco and alcohol are drugs that cause addition and health problems. Should they be made illegal? Or should all drugs be legalized? marzieh
Increasing ground traffic is creating serious problems and challenges in life. Some suggest that shifting most of the traffic to air would be the best solution.Do you agree or disagree with it? harjinder singh sticky icon
Why should the government help working parents by providing child care facilities. Tessy James
Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of having a car. marzieh
Argumentative Essay: Advantages and Disadvantages of Using the Internet alfitrah8.5
some people think that strict punishments for driving offences are the key to reducing traffic accidents.others,however,believe that other measures would be more effective in improving road safety. Discuss both these views and give your own opinion gincysusan

Many schools these days have problems with poor student behavior. Why do you think these problems occur? What could be done to tackle these problems tycoonss
These days, in many countries fewer and fewer people want to become teachers, particularly in secondary schools. What are the reasons for this, and how could the problem be solved? uzboy sticky icon
An increasing number of people change their career and place of residence several times during their life time. Is this a positive or negative development. Lê Kim Kiều Anh sticky icon
Some people agree that teachers should be strict with their students; others believe that teachers with friendly approach will achieve better results. Discuss and give your opinion. Justin sticky icon
Economic progress is one factor that is being considered to measure the success of a country,but there are other factors that should be considered when measuring the success of a country. Do you agree or disagree? What other factors do you think should be Justin sticky icon
Under British and Australian laws a jury in a criminal case has no access to information about the defendant's past criminal record. This protects the person who is being accused of the crime.Some lawyers have suggested that this practice should be change Shokh sticky icon
Many young people change their jobs and careers. What are the reasons for this? Do the advantages outweigh the disadvantages? Lê Kim Kiều Anh
The charts below give information about USA marriage and divorce rates between 1997 and 2000, and the marital status of adult Americans in two of the years.Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where luckysun
The chart below shows information about changes in average house prices in five cities between 1990 to 2002 compared with 1989. Lê Kim Kiều Anh
The time table below shows the results of an airline survey in 2011 of economy class male and female travellers of different ages.The members show which groups ranked particular in flight features as the most important.Summarise the information by choosi josnathomas sticky icon

Write a letter to a manager of the taxi company to complain about the problem with the taxi service used by you.• When and where you used the taxi• Describe a problem you have faced• What do you expect the manager to do? swapnay sticky icon
"Prevention is better than cure."Out of country's health budget, a large proportion should be diverted from treatment to spending on health education and preventive measures. carmela6 sticky icon
Some people believe that technological tools such as body scanner and CCTV have significantly enhanced our safety and security, while others feel that they have resulted In a loss of privacy.Do the benefits of these items outweigh their disadvantages? Justin sticky icon
Do you thin business should hire employees who will spend thier entire lives working for the company? Explain why you agree or disagree. the beauty of E... sticky icon
The graph below gives information from a 2008 report about consumption of energy in the USA since 1980 with projections until 2030.Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. shi24 sticky icon
The table below shows the consumer durables( telephone,refrigerator, etc,) owned in Britain from 1972 to 1983.Write a report for a university lecturer describing the information shown below. carmela6 sticky icon
Nowadays an increasing number of people change their career and place of residence several times during their life. Is this a positive or a negative development? Justin sticky icon
Some people think that parents should teach children how to be good members of society. Others, however, believe that school is the place to learn this? Discuss both these views and give your opinion? satyakrishna23 sticky icon

Sentence: However, with the development of these air travel, many environment and other natural resources have to be sacrifice for this purposes.
Description: A determiner/pronoun, singular is not usually followed by a noun, plural, common
Suggestion: Refer to this and purposes

Sentence: Contrary, there are drawbacks that this business can cause especially to the environment.
Description: The fragment Contrary , is rare
Suggestion: Possible agreement error: Replace Contrary with On contrary

Sentence: Next, when the plane begin to fly, it will emits hot smoke from the exhaust fumes which eventualy will make the temperature of the environment to increase and inturn will cause global warming.
Description: The fragment plane begin to is rare
Suggestion: Possible agreement error: Replace begin with verb, past tense
Description: A modal auxillary is not usually followed by a verb, present tense, 3rd person singular
Suggestion: Refer to will and emits

Sentence: Nevertheless, it has brought many benifit to the country and also to the people interms of economy, social or other welfare purposes.
Error: interms Suggestion: No alternate word
Error: benifit Suggestion: benefit

Sentence: In the oldern days, it is probably only the rich people are able to travel by plane.
Error: oldern Suggestion: older

Error: inturn Suggestion: intern
Error: eventualy Suggestion: eventual

Sentence: Finally, when more air travel starting to develop, there will be more airport needed to be build and this means to say there will be more trees needed to be cut down to make the landline and more animals will lost their habitat.
Error: landline Suggestion: No alternate word

Sentence: In conclusion, there are convincing arguments how the emergence of air travel could bring benifits to the people.
Error: benifits Suggestion: benefits

Sentence: However in my opinion, in order to reduce the drawbacks that it can cause to the environment, goverment should monitor and limit the development of this businesses.
Error: goverment Suggestion: government