Essay topics: Some people think that the increase of cheap air travel has brought many benefits while travel others argue that this develpment has its drawbacks to the world’s encironment and resources. Discuss these two points of view. Whats your opinion?
It is true that with the emergency of many economic air travel today, travelling has becoming easier. Nevertheless, it has brought many benifit to the country and also to the people interms of economy, social or other welfare purposes. However, with the development of these air travel, many environment and other natural resources have to be sacrifice for this purposes. This essay intent to share some of the reason.
In the oldern days, it is probably only the rich people are able to travel by plane. With the successful development of cheap air travel such as “Air Asia”, many business people have shift into this area of business and thus bringing many advantages to the people. Firstly by opening air travel business, this company need to hire more worker such as pilot, cabin crew, marketing, chef etc and therefore providing more job opportunity for the people. Secondly, not only the rich, the poor or the middle class people are now able to travel with the affordable air fares. In this way, by allowing more people to travel to other countries and more visitors to come, this means that there will be more trading to take place thus, improving the economic of a country. Finally, it is by travelling that perhaps people can learn about other’s culture and way of life, and therefore help one to enrich their knowledge and opportunity.
Contrary, there are drawbacks that this business can cause especially to the environment. Firstly, in order to produce a plane, few natural resources are needed such as titanium, wood, nickle etc. Not only that, petrol that derive from crude oil is needed to operate the plane to be able to fly. Next, when the plane begin to fly, it will emits hot smoke from the exhaust fumes which eventualy will make the temperature of the environment to increase and inturn will cause global warming. Finally, when more air travel starting to develop, there will be more airport needed to be build and this means to say there will be more trees needed to be cut down to make the landline and more animals will lost their habitat.
In conclusion, there are convincing arguments how the emergence of air travel could bring benifits to the people. However in my opinion, in order to reduce the drawbacks that it can cause to the environment, goverment should monitor and limit the development of this businesses.
- Some people consider that school education should be concentrated on academic subjects, which would be helpful for their future careers, and subjects like music and sport are not useful. To what extent do you agree or disagree? (70)
- Some people think that zoos are cruel and all the zoos should be closed. However, some people think zoos are useful to protect the rare animals. Discuss both views and give your opinion. (60)
- Nowadays, distance-learning programs are commonplace, but some people argue that they are not as good as those attending in a college or university in person. To what extent do you agree or disagree? (73.33329999999999)
- The development of technology changes the way people interact with each other. In which way does it change the types of relationship between people? Is this a positive or negative development? (70)
- Sending children to boarding schools has become more and more popular, where children live and study from home (either abroad or in their own countries) is some countries. What may be the reasons? Is it a positive development? (65.83329999999999)
- Some people think that the increase of cheap air travel has brought many benefits while travel others argue that this develpment has its drawbacks to the world’s encironment and resources. Discuss these two points of view. Whats your opinion? (63.75)
- The gap between the rich and the poor is becoming richer and the poor are growing poorer. What are the causes of this? what measures can be taken to reduce this problem? (67.33329999999999)
- Some school leavers tend to go travelling or work for a period of time before going to university directly. what do you think are the advantages and disadvantages and what is your own opinion? (80)
- Some people say that professional workers, such as doctors, nurses and teachers, make greater contribution and therefore should be paid more than those sports and entertainment stars. To what extent do you agree? (70)
- Recently some people can work from home using modern technology. Some think this is only benefits workers, but not the employers. To what extent do you agree or disagree? (60)