Some people think that international competitive sports such as football bring conflict between people of different age groups and nationalities Others think sport is helping reach understanding between people and nations

Some people think that international competitive sports such as football bring conflict between people of different age groups and nationalities. Others think sport is helping reach understanding between people and nations.

While there are grounds to argue that international competitive sports create conflicts between nations as well as people of different age groups, it can equally be argued that these sports enable people to understand each other. Although there are merits for the both sides of the argument, personally I’m in favour of organizing sports events to interact with people.

There is one significant reason to think that sports bring conflict between people. It is the fights among the supporters or players. It has been seen on several occasions that fights have been started at the end of the game as releasing the disappointment and anger of the supporters or the player of the losing side or celebrating the victory by exchanging the physical blows. It is often seen in Schools’ big match season. Sometime these unfortunate incidents could be lead to divisions of people and there are few occasions these separations continue for ages.

However, there are a number of reasons to claim that sports events play a major role to understand people in different groups. One major reason is that people go to another country to watch international sports events such as Football, Rugger, Cricket or Olympic Games and they get lots of chances to develop relationships with the citizens of those countries. Another connected point to support this argument is that while watching these sports events people can share their ideas with the people who sit next to them even though he is a fan of another team. Not only watching the sports events but also when organizing them, there are so many opportunities opened for interacting with a different group of people and building good communication among them. Further, it should not be forgotten that always there is likelihood of players to build lifelong relationships with the opponents.

In conclusion, I strongly believe that while it can be caused some conflicts only in few occasions, it is very important to have sports events to make it possible for understanding people in different age group and nationalities.