Some people think that a sense of competition in children should be encouraged. Others believe that children who are taught to co-operate rather than compete become more useful adults.Discuss both these views and give your own opinion.

In order to attain the best result in educating children for their future life, a wide range of approaches are applied by teachers. While there are some of them form competition classroom environment, the others tend to avoid it and focus on cooperation learning approach. This essay aims to discuss both those views as well as several related examples.

To begin with, creating competition environment in the classroom is highly believed can stimulate students to produce better learning result. As an obvious example for this case is ranking their average task scores which is considered effective o motivate them to be in the first position. As a result, every student does the best which leads them to gain the highest quality of learning achievement.

However, this environment is very risky to produce selfish person. It is due to the students’ high ambition to be in the first rank by defeating their friends. They tend to have unwilling to share a knowledge they have, for instance. Another worse case is they commonly avoid conducting study group that is very essential to form team work skill. As the consequence, this kind of approach results detrimental effects on the students’ behavior which have big impact on their future life.

Furthermore, this learning environment potentially brings the students to do a very bad attitude like cheating while do examination or asking their parents to complete their homework. Absolutely, this condition is tremendously harmful either when they are still child or when they have already growth to be adult.

To conclude, a sense of competition contributes positive impact on learners’ studying motivation. However, it can break their behavior and attitudes that determine their life condition in the future.

creating competition environment in the classroom is highly believed can stimulate students
creating competition environment in the classroom is highly believed to stimulate students

As an obvious example for this case is ranking their average task scores which is considered effective
An obvious example for this case is ranking their average task scores, which is considered effective

Another worse case is they commonly avoid conducting
Another worse case is that they commonly avoid conducting

on the students’ behavior which have big impact on their future life.
on the students’ behaviors which have big impact on their future life.

when they have already growth to be adult.
when they have already grown up to be adults.