Some people think that students in high school should study music as a compulsory school subject Others believe that such as requirement would be a waste of valuable school study time Discuss both these views and give your own opinion

Some people think that students in high school should study music as a compulsory school subject.
Others believe that such as requirement would be a waste of valuable school study time.
Discuss both these views and give your own opinion.

Whether or not music is an indispensable subject in high schools to be a hotly debated issue. There are those who argue that it is absolutely essential to teach music for pupils. Some others do not completely agree with viewpoint. In this essay, these two above views will be discussed and my point of view will be also indicated.

With regard to those who argue that music should be a compulsory subject in high schools. Via learning music, pupils have a better understanding about culture as well as history of the country. Moreover, there will have positives to make a huge contribution to developing both mentally and physically if pupils study music. Thanks to learning music, learners would be well-adjusted in different environment and become extremely well qualified employees in the future.

As for those who do not support for teaching music in high schools. Music has been only considered as a type of entertainment. Pupils should save and pay more attention to learning other subjects such as mathematics, history and geography rather than music. More importantly, pupils are suffered from harsh pressure due to school curriculum. Therefore, music should be excluded from the timetable of the high schools.

As far as I am concerned, music should be regarded as a crucial subject in high schools. Music is likely to reducing stress and it helps pupils to have more energy to meet demands of the other subjects. If pupils learn music, they will be well-equipped with a mental endurance to deal with difficulties. Therefore, music should not be undervalued in the curriculum of the high schools.

It seems to that there are both advantages and disadvantages of studying music in high schools. Negatives are overweighed by much larger positives. What government to do is to force high schools to have music subject.

Whether or not music is an indispensable subject in high schools to be a hotly debated issue
Whether or not music is an indispensable subject in high schools has been a hotly debated issue

completely agree with viewpoint
completely agree with the viewpoint

a huge contribution to developing both mentally and physically
a huge contribution to develop both mentally and physically

Music is likely to reducing stress
Music is likely to reduce stress

Sentence: It seems to that there are both advantages and disadvantages of studying music in high schools.
Description: The token to is not usually followed by a conjunction, subordinating
Suggestion: Refer to to and that

Sentence: Negatives are overweighed by much larger positives.
Error: overweighed Suggestion: No alternate word

Sentence Length SD: 3.936 7.5 //"Sentence Length SD is low" means that the essay contains lots of sentences with the similar length. More sentences varieties wanted.