Some people think that teenagers who commit crimes should be treated the same way as adult criminals To what extent do you agree or disagree

Some people think that teenagers who commit crimes should be treated the same way as adult criminals. To what extent do you agree or disagree?

Juvenile delinquency is on the rise in this modern world. Presently, it is argued that teenagers committing crime activities must be given the punishment in the same way as adults for the similar type of crime. I would like to discord with the given statement.

There are manifold points to shore up my point of view. First and foremost, unlike adults, everyone being immature is likely to commit more disgraceful acts due to impulsiveness during his teenage. For example, young children being impulsive often fall into the bad activities and therefore they get encouraged to cause the crime activities. Hence, taking the stage of impulsiveness into consideration, it is important to show sympathy while announcing the punishment. Besides this, a mature person can understand his fault and may try to be a good human being if he is given harsh punishment. But, an accused teen with full of anger is supposed to commit suicide or harm others even more severely under the strict punishment. Consequently, treating accused juveniles similar to an adult criminal can be destructive.

Further emphasising on my point of view, the teenagers are not only the leaders of tomorrow but also the nation builders. Thus, it is essential to give them less chasten so that they can think about becoming the noble characters while returning to the societies. What is more, it is noticed that anti-social people in the communities often influence the young children intentionally to be violent. Thus, such people deserve much severe punishment than a teenager. Apart from it, unlike matured adults, the adolescents who are more sensitive do not know the consequences of different types of crimes. As a result, less penalty for the first crime could warn him to avert anti- social elements. By contrast, others have contrasting arguments.

To begin with, the equality in terms of punishment given for the crimes is the need of an hour. To be specific, parents or other members of society, sometime, can persuade to the teenagers to harm others in order to take revenge if less penalty is kept for juvenile delinquency. Consequently, criminals of all age groups must be sentenced equal punishment. In addition, the crimes like murder, rape or other harassment committed by the adolescents can never be underestimated or taken with leniency. Therefore, the type of crime should be a matter rather than age of an individual while making a decision about punishment.

To recapitulate, rising crimes has become a global menace in this contemporary world. Undeniably, it is good to some extent if the level of punishment is defined by the sort of crime. However, keeping immaturity of youthful generation in mind is advisable before penalisations.

sometime, can persuade to the teenagers to harm others
sometime, can persuade teenagers to harm others