Some people think that teenagers who commit crimes should be treated the same way as adult criminals To what extent do you agree or disagree

Some people think that teenagers who commit crimes should be treated the same way as adult criminals. To what extent do you agree or disagree?

Undoubtedly, nowadays juvenile delinquency is on the rise compared to the olden days. Some people hold the opinion that strict punishment should be awarded to wrong doers, without considering whether they are adolescents or the adults; whereas, others have the conflicting views. Here, in the below essay, I will try to enunciate both the arguments with my own perception.

To begin with, some people think that in case awarded sentence for a Juvenile is less compared to the adults for committing similar nature of a crime like murder, burglary, kidnapping and scam, then definitely criminals would encourage the youngsters to commit a crime considering less impact in terms of the punishment. Additionally, there can be a possibility that to take a revenge of some family dispute parents will persuade their kids to commit a crime, taking this fact in consideration that while, awarding the punishment some leniency will be provided. By the contrast, others people have conflicting views.

As per them, there can be a possibility that Juvenile can commit a crime after watching crime based movies or some soap operas without thinking the after effects. Apart, from that nowadays, young generation copy their role model lifestyle completely, so they may be under the influence of the eminent personality who had committed the similar nature of a crime. Hence, taking the stage of impulsiveness, it is important to show some pity while, announcing the punishment. In addition, whenever a crime is being committed by an adult, they can repent on their mistakes after completing the jail term, even if they are being awarded a harsh punishment; on the other hand, if the strict punishment is given to teenagers, they may take this personally and can commit suicide or start indulging in anti social activities. Therefore, they argue that it is necessary to take in consideration, whether crime is being committed intentionally or under influence of someone before awarding the punishment.

To recapitulate, by looking at the above facts, in my viewpoint, it is prominent to consider severity of a crime as well as the exact reason to commit the crime. While awarding the punishment the criminals of all the age groups must be sentenced equal punishment.

Sentence: By the contrast, others people have conflicting views.
Description: A noun, plural, common is not usually followed by a noun, plural, common
Suggestion: Refer to others and people

young generation copy their role model lifestyle
young generations copy their role models' lifestyles

Need reasons like teenagers are not mature enough.