Some people want the main purpose of television should be education while others think that TV should be for entertainment only Discuss both sides and give your opinion

Today, television is mainly used for entertainment and education purpose. There are certain merits and demerits of both these trends as per its usage.

To begin with, television is the most efficient and easiest way to educate millions of students even if they are living in remote areas where it is not possible for the state to build proper infrastructure. Besides, many governments provide such sets at almost no cost and for that they do not require huge budget. Students not only get chance to learn from the best resources but also receive knowledge of latest technologies and innovations through this medium. However, television can also impact negatively if students spend more time on irrelevant education programs which are not useful in their career. In addition, such programs do not have idea of person’s capability and so sometimes they create adverse effect on mind. For example, in India government offers some free of cost educational channels and popular educationalists often give their expert lectures through it. Millions of students learn through such programs.

On the other side, television today becomes most favorite tool for the entertainment. Thousands of channels in different languages and on different subjects are available throughout the day. Thus, every person irrespective of his age group can find something interesting to see on TV. Moreover, today smart TV is capable to record our favorite program which we can enjoy in our free time. Same way, it also offers thousand of games to play. Television sometimes acts like a temporary pain killer because person can overcome his pain through his preferred TV shows. Nevertheless, certain shows spread negative messages in the society and create social imbalance between two communities. For example, adult shows can be harmful to children even if their solo purpose is to entertain the public.

In conclusion, as per my opinion, every person should know the limit of television usage and if we follow this deadline strictly then we can enjoy fruits of this device. Otherwise, it can also capable to disturb our normal life.

and popular educationalists often give their expert lectures through it.
Description: 'it' refers to what? Be sensitive to use pronouns.

television today becomes most favorite tool
television today becomes the most favorite tool

it can also capable to disturb our normal life.
it can also be capable to disturb our normal life.