Essay topics: Use of mobile phones should be prohibited inside educational institutions. Do you agree or disagree?
Mobile phones are a part and parcel of all individuals irrespective of class, creed or religion. These instruments are available a dime a dozen and right from a pauper to a ring can afford to buy them. Moreover, these gadgets came with many features that make them look and function like a computer that helps a student in different ways. Hence, I firmly believe mobile phones should not be banned from educational institutions.
In striking contrast to my above stated opinion, there are people who are vehemently opposed to letting these instruments to be used within educational institutions. They state, such instruments have been misused in a co-educational institution in the past and they will continue to be misused in future too. Moreover, they oppose these gadgets tooth and nail because of their features that make them a veritable source of distractions inside a class room.
Coming back to my opinion, I would like to reiterate that these cell phones with their versatile features act as a wonderful value-addition tool in the hands of a student in furthering his or her academic interests. For instance, many books and dictionaries are available online and they can be verified and referred by a student, on the go. Furthermore, in these days of globalized education, a mobile phone acts as a vital tool for communication between parents and their wards.
After slicing and dicing of this contentious issue, I would like to once for all settle the argument in favour of allowing cell phones into educational campuses. The could have been a bone of contentious in the past and could even be so in the present and future, but just because of misuse by a few rotten apples, I strongly feel that the baby should not be thrown with the bath water.
- You live in an English speaking country and you want to do some voluntary, unpaid work in a developing country. Write a letter to a company called Cultural Expeditions, which organizes such trips. In your letter:Explain why you want to do the voluntary wo (90)
- There is an increasing amount of advertising directed at children which encourages them to buy goods such as toys and snacks. Many parents are worried that these advertisements put too much pressure on children, while some advertisers claim that they prov (80)
- Today, the quality of life in large cities is decreasing. Discuss the causes and solutions. (80)
- In some countries children start school at the age of four and in other countries at the age of seven. Some people believe that early school start is affecting parent-child relationships. Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of starting school early a (80)
- Computers are being used more and more in education. Discuss the advantages and disadvantages and give your own opinion. (80)
- Some people say that when children under 18 are committing a crime they should be punished, while others believe they should be educated. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this statement? Give your own opinion. (60)
- In some countries, the number of shootings increase because many people have guns at home. To what extent do you agree or disagree? Give specific reasons and examples to support your answer. (80)
- To solve the over-increasing environmental hazards throughout the world, the best way is to increase the price of fuel. Do you agree or disagree? (80)
- The growing number of overweight people is putting a strain on the health care system in an effort to deal with the health issues involved. Some people think that the best way to deal with this problem is to introduce more physical education lessons in th (80)
- Parents are best teachers. Do you agree or disagree? Give reasons and examples. (76.66670000000001)