What are the advantages and disadvantages of having older people living in the family home

What are the advantages and disadvantages of having older people living in the family home?

The older people represent one of the fundamental factors of making our homes happy. Yet, there are many people account aged people as a burden upon families particularly regarding money spending aspect. Personally, I believe that the presence of older people in our families has great advantages and many positive impacts in our life.

Some people assert that older people need a special care. That by its role will affect directly the families' revenue. To put it simply, older people are very fragile and vulnerable to many diseases and that means they need hospital admissions and medications which all require lots of money. In addition, the productivity of the advanced age individuals decreases by time, so that accomplishes to the conclusion that there is no compensation for that money expended for the sake of the elders' health.

Nevertheless, the older people have a cumulative experiences which they have built it from the several events and major obstacles that they went through it. Subsequently, they will pass their essence down to the next generation. There is an Arabic proverb said "the only thing you learn after it is too late is experience", so based on that, we can draw our future without re-experiencing our past errors.

Moreover, aged individuals are memories of our history. The elders lived in contemporary with major and big events in the past, so the only way to find out exactly what happened in that period is through people who have witnessed those actions. Consequently, the older people depict the history to us such as a live show in a TV channel.

In conclusion, there are both views for and against the presence of aged individuals in the family home. Though some people list many disadvantages butting ahead the issue of the money that spend in the elders' health, in my opinion older people are driving our life towards the right path with their wisdom and expert.