Essay topics: What are the key problems facing the world's cities in the 21st,and what can be done about them?
Nowadays, the number of people increases significantly in the world’s cities due to migration, so many people flow in the cities for getting job and more opportunities. However, they encounter several challenges in the cities and sometimes they claim that they are frustrated, so there are a couple of problems in the world’s cities. What are the main issues world’s cities confront today and how can they be dealt with? This essay will illustrate the causes of the problems and solutions.
One of the major problems is associated with traffic system, so most people who live in the cities have their own cars and a great deal of cars causes traffic congestion. Many people are stuck in the traffic jam and they are stressful because they lose their time and they cannot reach where they want to go. Each government strives to tackle this issue whereas even the most developed countries are not able to solve it. In my opinion, it may be one of the efficient solutions that governments should try to reduce the figure of people in the big cities, so they could build new work places in the rural areas and the residents of those areas can be taken on there and they will not flock to the cities for job.
Another issue is that many plants which are situated inside the city pollute the air and water. Also, the first problem, namely traffic jam is one of the factors which had a positive impact on pollution since cars release more gas to the atmosphere when they stay at traffic congestion. The governments need to transfer the factories outside the city and apply the modern technology in order to clean the air and water. These might be more sufficient to address this problem.
In conclusion, it is unquestionable fact that crucial problems still exist in the world’s cities and they take a toll on the standard of people’s life adversely. The governments are expected to do their best to cope with issues facing the cities while it does not depend on only them. The individuals should avoid making dirty environment and help the government to prevent city problems.
- Some people think that a sense of competition in children should be encouraged. Others believe that children who are taught to co-operate rather than compete become more useful adults
- Children today are better listeners, and that makes them better language learners. The availability of mp3, video files, VoIP and mobile phones, coupled with the proliferation in movies and the advancement in video games, means that spoken language permea
- In today’s competitive world, many families find it necessary for both parents to go out to work. While some say the children in these families benefit from the additional income, others feel they lack support because of their parents’ absence.
- Governments should make more effort to promote alternative sources of energy. To what extend do you agree or disagree with this opinion?
- There are advantages and disadvantages of living in a large city
- Recycling is a pointless activity, it is fraught with inefficiency. Governments need to develop policies to tackle waste and other issues at source.
- When choosing courses to study at college/university, the most important thing to consider is if you enjoy them.
- Some people believe that television programs are of no real value for children.
- Some people think that a sense of competition in children should be encouraged. Others believe that children who are taught to co-operate rather than compete become more useful adults.