You are hereWhat are the key problems facing the world's cities in the 21st,and what can be done about them?

What are the key problems facing the world's cities in the 21st,and what can be done about them?

Farkhad's picture

By Farkhad - Posted on 23 February 2014

Nowadays, the number of people increases significantly in the world’s cities due to migration, so many people flow in the cities for getting job and more opportunities. However, they encounter several challenges in the cities and sometimes they claim that they are frustrated, so there are a couple of problems in the world’s cities. What are the main issues world’s cities confront today and how can they be dealt with? This essay will illustrate the causes of the problems and solutions.

One of the major problems is associated with traffic system, so most people who live in the cities have their own cars and a great deal of cars causes traffic congestion. Many people are stuck in the traffic jam and they are stressful because they lose their time and they cannot reach where they want to go. Each government strives to tackle this issue whereas even the most developed countries are not able to solve it. In my opinion, it may be one of the efficient solutions that governments should try to reduce the figure of people in the big cities, so they could build new work places in the rural areas and the residents of those areas can be taken on there and they will not flock to the cities for job.

Another issue is that many plants which are situated inside the city pollute the air and water. Also, the first problem, namely traffic jam is one of the factors which had a positive impact on pollution since cars release more gas to the atmosphere when they stay at traffic congestion. The governments need to transfer the factories outside the city and apply the modern technology in order to clean the air and water. These might be more sufficient to address this problem.

In conclusion, it is unquestionable fact that crucial problems still exist in the world’s cities and they take a toll on the standard of people’s life adversely. The governments are expected to do their best to cope with issues facing the cities while it does not depend on only them. The individuals should avoid making dirty environment and help the government to prevent city problems.

When a country develops its technology, the traditional skills and ways of life die out. It is pointless to try and keep them alive. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion? fatihamzah
Nowadays the way many people interact with each other has changed because of technology.In what way has technology affected the types of relationships people make?Has this become a positive or negative development? IndahLestari
Some people think that parents should teach children how to be good members of society. Others, however, believe that school is the place to learn this.Discuss both these views and give your own opinion. william00100
These days Parents are more concerned with their children’s’ up-bringing than before. Taking care of the children seems necessary. Child-care training course for parents can be the best way to update them with this matter. To what extent, do you agree or Jaswinder
As computers are being used more and more in education, there will be soon no role for teachers in the classroom. drsaminayasmin
Some people think men and women have different natural abilities that make them suitable for different types of work. Others, however, believe that both men and women can be equally suited to do any type of work. Discuss both views and give your own opini drsaminayasmin
we are becoming increasingly dependent on computers .they are used in businesses,hospital,crime detection and even to fly planes.what things will they be used in the future ?is this dependence on the computer a good things or should be more suspicious of amirmamanina1365
Modern technology is creating a single world culture. Do you agree or disagree. simarjeet
The first car appeared on British roads in 1888. By the year 2000 there may be as many as 29 million vehicles on British roads. Alternative forms of transport should be encouraged and international laws introduced to control car ownership and use. To wh iiipaulleeiii
In the past shopping was a routine domestic task. Many people nowadays regard it as a hobby.To what extend do you think this is a positive trend. Proxis

Water is a natural resource thatshould always be free.Governments should ban the saleof bottled water.To what extent doyou agree or disagree? drjowelynt IELTS Writing Task II
Write complaint letter to the airline manager regarding the behavior of one of staff members on your flight. In your letter- Give full details of your flight.- Say what the problem with the staff member was.- What would you like the manager to do regardin marzieh IELTS
Some say that young people are not suitable for decision-making positions in governments; others, however, disagree. Discuss both views and give your own opinion. devabe2005 IELTS Writing Task II
Some say that it would be better if the majority of employees worked from home instead of travelling to a workplace every day.Do you think the advantages of working from home outweigh the disadvantages? fialka IELTS
Some people believe that national sport teams and individual men and women who represent their country should be financially supported by the government. Others think they should be funded by non-government ways (such as business, scholarship). What is yo Hao IELTS Writing Task II
Universities should accept equal number of male and female student in every subject.To what extent di yiu agree or disagree ? dhruv546 IELTS Writing Task II
Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of having a car. marzieh IELTS
Some say that young people are not suitable for decision-making positions in governments; others, however, disagree. Discuss both views and give your own opinion. nguyenkhaccuong IELTS Writing Task II
Some say that young people are not suitable for decision making positions in governments; others however disagree. Discuss both views and give your own opinion. Blackgold IELTS Writing Task II
Some experts believe that it is better for children to begin learning a foreign language at primary school rather than secondary school.Do the advantages of this outweigh the disadvantages?Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples fro Bustanul Arifin IELTS

Essay topic:Most of big cities are overpopulated. Why do people still move to big cities? Give your opinion and example. Miachel IELTS Writing Task II
It is generally believed that some people are born with certain talents, for instance for sport or music, and others are not. However, It is sometimes claimed that any child can be taught to become a good sports person or musician.Discuss both these views xizon7777 IELTS Writing Task II
The pie chart shows the amount of money that a children's charity located in the USA spent and received in one year.Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features and make comparisons where relevant. raman nmbrbar sticky icon IELTS Writing Task I
Some people believe that there should be fixed punishments for each type of crime. Others, however, argue that the circumstances of an individual crime, and the motivation for committing it, should always be taken into account when deciding on the punishm lrana32 IELTS Writing Task II
When international media (including movies, fashion shows, advertisements and other TV programmes) convey the same messages to the global audience, people argue that the expansion of international media has negative impacts on cultural diversity. What is skeet sticky icon IELTS Writing Task II
The figures below show the proposed plan of an exhibition gallery.Write a report for a university lecturer describing the information shown below. agienugroho91 IELTS Writing Task I
Transport Modes in a European City 1960-2000 djongiskhan IELTS Writing Task I
The chart below shows the amount of leisure time enjoyed by men and women of different employment status.Write a report for a university lecturer describing the information shown below. agienugroho91 sticky icon IELTS Writing Task I
Performance of four different sectors in India between 2000 to 2010 simranvirk sticky icon IELTS Writing Task I
The table below gives information on consumer spending on different items in five different countries in 2002. Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. drjowelynt IELTS Writing Task I

Nowadays movies and computer games containing violence are very popular. Some people believe that they have negative effect on the society and should be banned, others, however, believe that it is harmless entertainment. Discuss both vies and give your ow lambda sticky icon IELTS Writing Task II
The table below gives information on consumer spending on different items in five different countries in 2002. Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. xizon7777 sticky icon IELTS Writing Task I
The two maps below show an island, before and after construction of some tourist facilities.Summarise the information by selectiong and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. drjowelynt sticky icon IELTS Writing Task I
The diagram below shows the Australian Bureau of Meteorology collects up-to-the-minute information on the weather in order to produce to reliable forecasts. agienugroho91 sticky icon IELTS Writing Task I
Some people think that it is beneficial for students to go to private schools, but other people think that it can have a negative effect. Discuss both opinions and give your own opinions. Hao sticky icon IELTS Writing Task II

it is unquestionable fact
it is a unquestionable fact