Wild animals have no place in the 21st century, so protecting them is a waste of resources. To what extent to you agree or disagree

Some argue that today's advancements has rendered wild animals redundant as we do not need to depend on them for a balanced living ecosystem, and hence we do not need to protect such animals. In my opinion, this self-righteous attitude would lead to potential threat to the lifecycle on earth. That said, I disagree with wasting excessive amount of resources to protect certain animals; human beings should always take priority.

Day in and day out, scientific findings are revealing interdependence between earth's living organisms. It is very dangerous to believe that we can survive by sacrificing any of the lives on earth, whether they are human, animals or plants.

For example, if cats were to suddenly become extinct, there is a high probability that there will be sudden increase in the number of bugs that cats feed on. This may introduce new challenge for humans due to potential viruses these bugs will spread or the agricultural damage they will cause. Moreover, recent research evidences show that the wild animals have skills that complement our lives. For example, dogs can smell passengers with illegal items. Therefore, interfering with animals' ecosystems will have adverse effects on the lives of all living beings on earth.

However, we need not invest excessively in protecting certain organisms. Instead, all we need to do is remain vigilant of how our activities affect the existence of other creatures and if our activities are justified. For example, using animals to produce cosmetics, which also has negative effects on women's skin in long run, is obviously not a prudent move. However, using mice to experiment new drugs is okay because it is contributing to saving human lives, which I believe is the highest priority.

In short, protecting all living creatures is essential, but humans take precedence over animals. Indeed, unnecessary interference in animal's ecosystem may also affect humans in long run.

all we need to do is remain vigilant of how our activities affect
all we need to do is to remain vigilant of how our activities affect

affect humans in long run.
affect humans in a long run.