Essay topics: nowadays animal experiments are widely used to develop new medicines and to test the safety of other drugs.Some people argue that this should be banned because it is morally wrong while others are in favour of them.Discuss both views and give your openion.
Experimental use of animals is a controversial issue over last few decades, though it has a vital role in many scientific breakthroughs of past and present century. however, both animal-right extremists and anti-vivisectionist groups believe that animal researches are both cruel and unnecessary, regardless of the purpose or benefit. Let us discuss both aspects of laboratory use of living organisms.
Scientists denote that animal testing in bio-medical sector is highly pertinent as it serves the purpose of human tests. Furthermore, we share 95% of our genes with a mouse, making them an effective model for human body. Through many experiments they also prove that all animals are very similar to each other in organ systems and diseases to it. Inevitability of the pharmaceutical use of animals is exemplified by the inventions of cancer cure drugs, asthma inhalers and modern vaccines for polio, TB and meningitis. Moreover, the proponents argue that sacrifice of an organism for the benefits if other is always justified in an ecosystem. The above facts necessitates animal use of research program.
Conversely, naturalists proclaim that rather than cruel animal experiments are unreliable and even dangerous. Their first argument is that the basic moral right of a living creature is not respected, but reduced t mere tools in science laboratories. Next, the pain and suffering that the animals subjected to is immense. Last,but very important reason of the opponents is that despite the similarities between mankind and some animals, there are significant differences that can not be ignored. so complicated human diseases may not be complex for other animals. For example, only one third of human cancer causing substances are harmful for other living beings. In addition, the statics prove that 90% of live tests fail in human trials. All these points belittle the importance of animal tests.
To conclude, controlled and minimal live researches can be allowed under strict legislation considering the medical advancements and alternatives to animal tests are to be encouraged.
- Some people think that a person improves their intellectual skills more when doing group activities.to what extend do you agree (84)
- nowadays animal experiments are widely used to develop new medicines and to test the safety of other drugs.Some people argue that this should be banned because it is morally wrong while others are in favour of them.Discuss both views and give your openion (89)
- Nowadays animal experiments are widely used to develop new medicines and to test safety of other products. Some people argue that these experiments should be banned because its morally wrong to cause animals to suffer,while others are in favour of them be (47)
- Some people think that all teenagers should be required to do unpaid work in their free time to help losal community.they believe this would benefit both the individual teenager and the society as a whole.do you agree or disagree (89)
- some people think that all teenagers should be requiredto do unpaid work in their free time to helpthe local community.they beleive this would benefitvboth the individual teenager and society as a whole (84)