In 20 years, there will be fewer cars in use than are in today. Do you agree or not?

Cars are among the most important inventions make far distances more attainable. However, like all the human achievements, there are some viewpoints against their extension. Some people think that in upcoming years, the number of cars in the streets become lower, while others believe that the increasing car production will be continued. In my vantage point, the number of cars in twenty years will increase due to below reasons.

First of all, the population of the world is increasing each year. Although the number of people in developed countries is roughly constant, the developing countries encounter a fast population rise in recent years. This increase accompanied with the enhancement of economic conditions in those countries, makes the cars more affordable for the greater part of the residence. This affluence also changes the community trends toward the automobile by considering it as a luxury item rather than an essential need. Therefore, each family member prefers to have their own vehicle instead of sharing one, when they need.

Secondly, development of efficient roads such as highways and turnpikes allures many families to have their own car and travel with more ease. For example, I work in a city far from my hometown in Iran. The accident-prone highland road between my current city and my hometown discouraged me to buy a car to travel with. As an alternative, I decided to travel by train to see my family. To improve the transportation condition, a new highway was inaugurated last year that tempted me to buy a car and travel with my own automobile. Now, I can reach the destination 4 hours earlier with more comfort. This also allows me to have more precious time with my family.

On the other hand, opponents represent some reasons to refuse the aforementioned standpoint. First reason to oppose the viewpoint mentioned before is the environmental problems due to car increase. For instance, huge amounts of Carbon dioxide and other contaminants are emitted to air. However, by using new technologies in cars production process and implementing renewable energies, this drawback loses significance. Another opposite view states that there is no need for more cars while the public transportation system is improving. Yet, there are many countries whose public transportation standards are far from desirable conditions. For example, when I want to transport by Subway in Tehran, I should wait at least twenty minutes till the subway cars reach to the station. Furthermore, high crowd density and hot weather are negative factors that restrict the public transportation.

To sum up, I think that the total amount of cars will be greater in twenty years because of the increase in population and wages, and improvements in road qualities. These reasons weigh up the inhibiting factors such as environmental contamination and developed public transportation. Most of the human efforts and inventions are in order to supply more leisure to humankind and cars are one of their best achievements to fulfill this aim.

Cars are among the most important inventions make far distances more attainable
Cars are among the most important inventions which make far distances more attainable

this drawback loses significance.
this drawback loses the significance.

Most of the human efforts and inventions are in order to supply more leisure
Most of the human's efforts and inventions are there in order to supply more leisure