In 20 years there will be fewer cars in use than are in today Do you agree or not

In 20 years, there will be fewer cars in use than are in today. Do you agree or not?

Cars are among the most important inventions make far distances more attainable. However like all the human achievements, there are some viewpoints against their extension. Some people think that in upcoming years, the number of cars in the streets become lower, while others believe that the increasing car production will be continued. In my vantage point, the number of cars in twenty years will increase.

The population of the world is increasing each year. Although the number of people in developed countries is roughly constant, the developing countries encounter a fast population rise in recent years. This increase accompanied with the enhancement of economic conditions in those countries makes the cars more affordable for the greater part of the residence. Each year, there are more people tempted with the instances of convenient and relief such as car. The higher the income, the more the number of cars.

Also, development of efficient roads and highways allure many families to have their own car and travel with more ease. For example, I work in a city far from my hometown in Iran. The highland road between my current city and my hometown forced me to travel by train each time I wanted to see my family. But from last year, a new highway was inaugurated that tempted me to buy a car and travel with my own automobile. Now I can reach the destination 4 hours earlier with more comfort. This also allows me to have more precious time with my family.

Opponents represent some reasons such as good transportation systems and high fuel costs to refuse the aforementioned standpoint. It should be noted that the equipped transportation system is only accessible for developed countries not the developing countries that are more willing to buy new cars. For instance, when I want to transport by Subway in Tehran, I should wait at least twenty minutes till the subway cars reach to the station. High crowd density and hot weather are other problems with public transportation. Also the effect of high fuel costs will decrease due to production of high technology cars with low fuel consumption. These will make cars a suitable alternative for personal cases.

In conclusion, I think that the total amount of cars will be greater in twenty years because of increasing in the population and wages, and improvements in road qualities such as new highways. Most of the human efforts and inventions are in order to supply more leisure to humankind and cars are one of their best achievements to fulfill this aim