Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Successful people try new things and take risks rather than only doing what they know how to do well.

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?
Successful people try new things and take risks rather than only doing what they know how to do well.

With the fast development of the technology and society, the life of humans have improved substantially comparing to the days before; however, people’s yearning for success still remains the same. The question of how to become a successful person has been repeatedly discussed since then. Somebody believes that most of those people with success share a specific quality. That is, they are all willing to risk and take challenge of unfamiliar things. I personally agree with this statement. Several reasons will be shed light in the following.

First, though the definition of success is different among different people, most people agree that the successful ones are those who have certain reputation and status in a specific industry or career. In order to gain a higher status, we are not only required to work hard but are also required to equipped with the ability to cope with the fast changing environment in the industry. Take the cell phone industry for example. The changing of devices people use has changed enormously from a huge cell phone that can do nothing but making calls to smart phones that can surf the Internet, take pictures and nearly everything we can imagine. If a person wants to survive and reach the top of the cell phone industry, he definitely needs to keep trying to invent new functions so as to compete with his fellow competitors. Therefore, trying new things is essential to those who strive for success.

After one has developed the willingness to keep up with the new trend, he still needs to have the capacity to bear the possibility of losses. During the trial and error phases of trying different kinds of strategy and invention, there’s always a substantial cost of failure that linked with it. For example, in the cell phone industry, there are always risks like to evaluate the customer’s need incorrectly so that the new product turns out to be a huge disaster that nobody wants to buy. A successful person needs a string mind set to deal with the pressure of failure in order to eventually invent a spectacular fresh idea. In short, the ability of taking risk is equally important with the previously mentioned factor.

In a nutshell, owing to the fact that the fast changing environment and the inescapable chances of failure are the greatest enemies that stand before those who are pursuing success, keep trying new things and unafraid of bearing risks are essential means to overcome those barriers.

the life of humans have improved substantially
the life of humans has improved substantially

but are also required to equipped with the ability
but are also required to be equipped with the ability

The essay is not exactly right on the topic. Read the essay topic again and think why.